UPDATE – 10 September 2018: Rick Worthy has withdrawn from Comic Con Africa 2018 due to scheduling issues.
The news comes by way of an official tweet via Comic Con Africa:
— Comic Con Africa (@ComicConAfrica) September 10, 2018
Although this is quite disappointing, especially following the news that Jason Momoa would also not be making it. Thankfully, there are still many other stars who will be in attendance at the event. Not to mention the Artist Alley, an internationally ranked Cosplay Event, geeky cool products and much more.
Original Article follows:
Worthy is a very talented actor who is most well known for his roles as the Alpha Vampire on Supernatural (2005) and as Simon the Cylon on Battlestar Galactica (2004). At the moment of publication he is starring in two major shows; he plays Dean Fogg in The Magicians (2015) and Lem Washington in The Man in the High Castle (2015).
In addition to Rick Worthy and Jason Momoa, Reed Exhibitions revealed at the the launch of Comic Con Africa that they were also in talks to bring out some talented and popular voice over artists. Who they might be is still a mystery, but we are certain the wait will be worth it.
Although ticket pricing has been announced, pricing on extras like ‘panel discussions’ and ‘meet and greets’ have not yet been revealed. Given the popularity of the stars that have been announced, I would presume that there is a good chance that ‘meet and greet packages’ for these actors will be made available in due course. When that happens, you can bet that Vamers will report on it.
Taking place on the weekend of the 14 – 16 September 2018 at the Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit and International Convention Centre (KGPCICC), Comic Con Africa promises to showcase all aspects of the geekosphere including, but not limited to: comic books, science fiction and fantasy related films, television series, a large range of pop culture and entertainment elements in animation, toys, gadgets, clothing, anime, manga, collectible card games, video games, webcomics, fantasy novels and so much more. It will even have an ‘Artists’ Alley’ where “comic artists can sign autographs and sell or do free sketches”. Basically, it will have everything that makes the international versions of this exposition so popular.
- Belkin Valet Charge Dock Review: Sophisticated Apple Watch Charger - 14 December, 2018
- Xbox Games with Gold December 2018: Never Alone in Dragon Age - 1 December, 2018
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Post-Credits scene? Yes, there is one. - 29 November, 2018
- Win With Vamers: Tickets to Playtopia 2018 - 11 November, 2018
- Xbox Games with Gold November 2018: Race the Sun to the Battlefield - 1 November, 2018
- Michelle Pfeiffer’s Catwoman Playlist – Music that will make you Purr - 22 October, 2018
- Astro Bot Rescue Mission Review: Outstanding Virtual Reality Platformer - 12 October, 2018
- You Get Me Review: a thriller marred by cliched teenage melodrama - 11 October, 2018
- Microsoft’s #HowOldRobot Guesses the Age of Video Game Characters - 10 October, 2018
- Boet Fighter wants you to moer okes into submission, my bru! - 9 October, 2018