Downloadable Content (DLC) is a means for game developers to add additional content to video games once they have shipped to retail. Alas, it has become a trend among game developers to embrace capitalism by making a quick buck through exploiting this once novel means of refreshing older games. The most infamous example is when Bethesda released a ‘horse armour’ DLC pack for $2.50 – and all it did was allow gamers to select new armour for their in-game horse.
The issue of DLC is humorously masked in Animation Domination High-Def’s newest video about a DLC pack for Square Enix’s latest Tomb Raider reboot. The parody focuses on downloadable content that grants gamers access to a variety of new deaths for Lara. Anyone who has played a Tomb Raider game will appreciate the dark humour present in this video because of the way in which it draws from Lara Croft’s infamous deaths throughout the Tomb Raider series of games.
My personal favourite is the ‘dive to death’ move which has been a staple in the series since the very first game. Do you have a morbid favourite?
[Sources: Animation Domination High-Def]
- Bran the Broken will be at Comic Con Africa 2019 - 4 September, 2019
- Spyro Reignited Trilogy Review: Fire-breathing Nostalgia - 3 September, 2019
- Lego Ideas Treehouse blooms sustainable bricks - 30 August, 2019
- LEGO Ideas Central Perk celebrates 25 years of Friends - 29 August, 2019
- Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint PC Specs Revealed - 29 August, 2019
- Control Review – Frustratingly Mysterious - 26 August, 2019
- Nerf MicroShots Fortnite TS Blaster Review – Pocket Sized Fun - 30 July, 2019
- The Boys Review – Exceptionally Fun Superhero Satire - 29 July, 2019
- Netflix The Witcher Trailer teases Geralt, Yennifer, Ciri & Monsters - 20 July, 2019
- Anthony Mackie confirmed for Comic Con Africa 2019 - 18 July, 2019