Lara Croft’s is finally headed back to PlayStation in Rise of the Tomb Raider 20 Year Celebration. Despite already knowing what the game is about (since it has been out for a year now on Xbox One and PC), Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix has, once again, decided to whet the appetites of fans eager to sample more. An explosive new trailer for the game has been released that features a bunch of explosions, flashy scenes and a countless number of well deserved accolades.
The Rise of the Tomb Raider 20 Year Celebration launch trailer shows a young Lara Croft climbing dangerous cliffs, holding her guns up against the faces of mercenaries, and facing off with mythical Gods… all in a day’s work, right?
The Rise of the Tomb Raider 20 Year Celebration is definitely the definitive edition of the game – as alluded to multiple times in the trailer. This unique edition contains every outfit for Lara that released in the past year, as well as a couple of retro outfits. This is perfect for those gamers who have a soft spot for the look if the original PlayStation 1 Tomb Raider. Moreover, the 20 Year Celebration will also include a brand new single-player story chapter called Blood Ties. This is a zombie defence type level that takes place within one of Lara’s nightmares. This edition of the game also features a new cooperative Endurance mission and all downloadable content released since the game launched for Xbox One in 2015.
Unlike the original release of the game, however, an aspect of the Rise of the Tomb Raider 20 Year Celebration edition that is unique to the PlayStation 4 version is support for PlayStation VR. Oh yes, Lara in Virtual Reality (VR)!
There is also something for fans who have already completed the game on the hardest difficulty setting. An all new Extreme Survivor difficulty is being added to the game. To top it all off, the 20 Years Celebration will also have an exclusive outfit and gun.
Although Rise of the Tomb Raider 20 Year Celebration is a PlayStation 4 title, Xbox One and PC fans need not worry. Square Enix has stated that all current Season Pass owners will get the new DLC, free of charge. In fact, they are sweetening the pot even more by giving 100,000 credits, no strings attached, to anyone who logs into the game during the first week of release of the 20 Year Celebration edition of the game.
Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration is set to release on 11 October for PlayStation 4. Owners of the Season Pass on other platforms will get their DLC then as well.
- Mad Catz turns 30, announces Limited Edition R.A.T. 8+ 1000 Gaming Mouse - 23 August, 2019
- Project Blue Book explores real life case files of the “most mysterious time in US History” - 23 August, 2019
- The Hunt Borderlands 3 trailer puts FL4K “The BeastMaster” to work - 20 August, 2019
- Sony’s Fall 2019 DualShock 4 controllers evoke geeky nostalgia - 20 August, 2019
- A “sound improvement plan” is next on the PUBG roadmap - 17 August, 2019
- Final Fantasy VIII Remaster tweet revives classic FF8 meme - 17 August, 2019
- New Razer Viper ambidextrous gaming mouse offers “absolute control” - 17 August, 2019
- LEGO Hidden Side adds gamification and AR to traditional block building - 16 August, 2019
- Comic Con Africa 2019 to host Business of Gaming Forum 2019 - 15 August, 2019
- Amara “The Siren” brings astral plane fighting to Borderlands 3 - 13 August, 2019