Pieter Toerien is once again ready to surprise and enthral South African theatre goers with Annie, the “World’s Favourite Family Musical” that features the timeless, unforgettable and beautiful tale of love and acceptance.
The story of Annie was originally based on a comic book that was illustrated by Harold Gray, which was then adapted into a musical by Thomas Meehan. For those who may not know, the play tells the story of Annie, a little orphan girl during the Great Depression that befell New York during the 1930s. Annie leads a life of misery at Miss Hannigan’s orphanage, but is consumed with a desire and determination to find her real parents. As luck would have it, she is chosen to spend the Christmas period with a famous billionaire, Olver Warbucks. Miss Hannigan, owner of the orphanage, has other ideas about how Annie will spend Christmas, and attempts to foil the little girl’s holiday and search for her real parents.
Annie the musical features incredible performances by world class stars Charon Williams-Ros (Sweeny Todd) as the tyrannical Miss Hannigan, Neels Clasen (We Will Rock You) as Daddy Warbucks, and personal favourite Stephen Jubber (Jesus Christ Superstar) as Rooster. The musical also promises your ‘bottom dollar’ that you will love the unforgettable songs “It’s a Hard Knock Life”, “Easy Street” and “Tomorrow”, from the award winning score by Charles Strouse.
The musical production will run from the 12th of October 2016 through to 27 November 2016 at the Teatro in Monte Casino, Johannesburg; and from the 2nd of December 2016 through to the 8th of January 2017 at the Artscape Opera-house in Cape Town.
Tickets range from R200 to R500, and can be bought via Computicket.
- Sony’s Fall 2019 DualShock 4 controllers evoke geeky nostalgia - 20 August, 2019
- A “sound improvement plan” is next on the PUBG roadmap - 17 August, 2019
- Final Fantasy VIII Remaster tweet revives classic FF8 meme - 17 August, 2019
- New Razer Viper ambidextrous gaming mouse offers “absolute control” - 17 August, 2019
- LEGO Hidden Side adds gamification and AR to traditional block building - 16 August, 2019
- Comic Con Africa 2019 to host Business of Gaming Forum 2019 - 15 August, 2019
- Amara “The Siren” brings astral plane fighting to Borderlands 3 - 13 August, 2019
- The BFFs trailer introduces Moze, the new Borderlands 3 Gunner - 13 August, 2019
- Gears 5 ‘My Body is Ready’ achievement is a glorious nod to Reggie Fils-Aime - 13 August, 2019
- Draw Distance drops huge Vampire: The Masquerade – Coteries of New York gameplay details - 12 August, 2019