As previously reported, the Electronics and Gaming Expo (EGE) has already revealed that it will be hosting the South African ESWC qualifier for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive at its event in July. Now, EGE has revealed what else gamers can expect from the EGE eSports Arena.
The competitive titles that are planned for EGE eSports Arena include Call of Duty Black Ops 3 (PlayStation 4), FIFA 16 on console, Hearthstone, Halo 5, Mortal Kombat XL and Street Fighter V. All the titles will feature cash prizes for the competitors, and details of the tournaments will be announced via Zombiegamer.
Some titles will feature pre-EGE qualifiers that will take place before the event, along with additional qualifying opportunities at EGE 2016 from 29 to 31 July. Call of Duty Blacks Ops 3, for example, will feature both an online qualifier and the opportunity for teams to try again at a LAN tournament at EGE 2016. FIFA 16 will feature a LAN qualifier prior to EGE 2016 to seed four players, while additional opportunities will be offered over the weekend at EGE 2016. Halo 5 will see the top two teams from an online qualifier playing for the money on stage at EGE 2016, while Mortal Kombat XL, Street Fighter V and Hearthstone will feature tournaments at EGE 2016.
Additionally, on the Friday (29 July 2016) of EGE 2016; a special set of tournaments will be hosted for High School pupils. School goers who attend the expo on the Friday, whilst wearing their school uniform, will be allowed free entry for the day and will be entitled to compete in a FIFA 16 and Street Fighter V tournament – vouchers and various products will be up for grabs. The tournaments will be limited to 64 participants each, with the finals scheduled to be played on the EGE eSports stage.
Alongside the formal tournaments there will also be a number of demo matches, fastest lap events and ‘King of the Hill’ tournaments that will be open to all attendees of the expo (at no additional charge). EGE hopes that “the opportunity to participate in new and tournament titles will hopefully encourage additional interest in tournaments in the future, but should also prove to be just a lot of fun”. We can definitely guarantee the latter.
- Astro Bot Rescue Mission Review: Outstanding Virtual Reality Platformer - 12 October, 2018
- You Get Me Review: a thriller marred by cliched teenage melodrama - 11 October, 2018
- Microsoft’s #HowOldRobot Guesses the Age of Video Game Characters - 10 October, 2018
- Boet Fighter wants you to moer okes into submission, my bru! - 9 October, 2018
- Xbox Games with Gold October 2018: Food, Demons, Stunts and Money - 9 October, 2018
- Spider senses tingling? You might have won our Marvel’s Spider-Man [PS4] comp. - 8 October, 2018
- Overwatch headwear now available at Vamers Store - 4 October, 2018
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider Review: Lara’s Story Comes Full Circle - 26 September, 2018
- Comic Con Africa Interview with SA’s Official Lara Croft: Noelle Adams - 20 September, 2018
- The Sony PlayStation Classic channels the heyday of 3D gaming - 19 September, 2018