Cape Town’s premier Electronics and Gaming Expo (EGE) has announced that it will be hosting an official CSGO Esports World Convention (ESWC) qualifier at its 2016 eSports Arena this year.
The tournament, which will be administered by Orena, has received official licence from Oxtent (the owners of ESWC) and the winners will have the opportunity of competing at this year’s World Cup in Paris; with all flights and accommodation paid for.
Before the event in Cape Town, teams will qualify via an online tournament with the top four (4) spots securing places at EGE. A further opportunity to qualify will occur at EGE 2016 in July; where 12 teams will have the chance to qualify through the LAN tournament at the expo.
Registrations for the online tournament open on 30 May 2016, with qualifiers starting on 7 June 2016.
Besides CS:GO , the EGE eSports Arena, which will be held at EGE 2016 (29 – 31 July 2016), will host titles such as Dota2, FIFA, Call of Duty Black Ops 3, Hearthstone, Mortal Kombat and more. Each competition will have its own prize pool.
- Apple introduces the iPhone X with Edge to Edge OLED Display, Face ID and more - 12 September, 2017
- Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle is now available - 1 September, 2017
- Build Your Own Jurassic Park with Jurassic World Evolution - 29 August, 2017
- Unboxing the Marvel Legends 75th Anniversary Captain America Shield [Video + Giveaway] - 29 August, 2017
- KFC Nail Polish is Finger-Lickin’ Good and Tastes like Chicken - 22 August, 2017
- 4K Enhancements Detailed for Rise of the Tomb Raider on Xbox One X - 22 August, 2017
- Play Jengo at Gamescom 2017 and help Jeff save the Pixelverse - 21 August, 2017
- Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition Revealed and Pre-Orders Now Live - 20 August, 2017
- The Valkyrie Challenge is an All-Woman CS:GO esports event - 25 July, 2017
- HP Sprocket Puts Photo Printing in your Pocket [Review] - 20 July, 2017