Last month at E3 2014, Microsoft announced that the Xbox One will be launching on the 23rd September 2014 in South Africa.
Other than the price and launch date, no additional information was put forward at the time. Thankfully, the Redmond based company is slowly beginning to reveal its second wave Xbox One launch plans.
Microsoft recently notified Xbox fans and the media that the Xbox One console will be available in two pre-order bundles at launch – each of which can now be pre-ordered from major retailers around South Africa.
The announced Xbox One pre-order bundles include the same Xbox One console (featuring a 500GB hard drive, Blu-Ray player and built-in Wi-Fi), an HDMI cable, a chat headset and a 14 day free trial for Xbox Live Gold (new members only), however this is how each bundle differs:
- The ‘limited edition bundle’ includes the brand new Xbox One Kinect, one Xbox One ‘Day One’ limited edition Wireless Controller (emblazoned with a unique ‘Day One’ imprint and a chrome D-pad) as well as a coupon for a digital download for EA Sports FIFA 15 and a copy of Dance Central Spotlight. The ‘limited edition’ bundle will retail for R7,999.99.
- The ‘normal’ bundle excludes Kinect but includes one standard Xbox One Wireless Controller as well as a copy of Forza Motorsport 5 and a copy of EA Sports FIFA 15. It will retail for R6,299.99.
As an early adopter and a fan of Kinect, I would personally spring for the ‘limited edition bundle’. Which bundle do you find most appealing?
- Belkin Valet Charge Dock Review: Sophisticated Apple Watch Charger - 14 December, 2018
- Xbox Games with Gold December 2018: Never Alone in Dragon Age - 1 December, 2018
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Post-Credits scene? Yes, there is one. - 29 November, 2018
- Win With Vamers: Tickets to Playtopia 2018 - 11 November, 2018
- Xbox Games with Gold November 2018: Race the Sun to the Battlefield - 1 November, 2018
- Michelle Pfeiffer’s Catwoman Playlist – Music that will make you Purr - 22 October, 2018
- Astro Bot Rescue Mission Review: Outstanding Virtual Reality Platformer - 12 October, 2018
- You Get Me Review: a thriller marred by cliched teenage melodrama - 11 October, 2018
- Microsoft’s #HowOldRobot Guesses the Age of Video Game Characters - 10 October, 2018
- Boet Fighter wants you to moer okes into submission, my bru! - 9 October, 2018