I would like to preface this article with the fact that I have never written a review for a movie before. This would be the first time I have been tasked with something like this. With that said, and since I am new to “reviewing” in general, this article is more of a short opinion piece than a full review – at least that is how Hans is regarding it. I hope to get better at it as time goes by, so please bear with me. Right, let us get to my thoughts on Assassins Creed (2016)!
There is a good chance that most of the people who visit and read the articles on Vamers will have played or, at the very least, will know of the Assassins Creed video games. You know, those super popular games where you are a “time traveling” assassin who needs to relive the past of his ancestors in order to uncover ancient secrets by basically getting rid of the corrupt members in communities throughout time. They are also focussed on finding the “apple of eden”. It is a little more complex than this, but then I would be delving into spoiler territory for the games and the movie. With that said, it is pretty obvious that the film release of Assassins Creed (2016) “your destiny is in your blood” is based on the popular Ubisoft video game.
Despite a rather slow start, where the film hand holds you through all of the time traveling and plot points, the film does eventually pick up in action. In my opinion, Assassins Creed (2016) is an excellent representation of the game. Not only did it have a captivating storyline that keeps you thinking, but it was also filled with just enough action to keep you at the edge of your seat, all whilst taking the viewer through interestingly specific timelines and meshing the “historic” with technology. The premise is, if anything, quite interesting and faithful to the games.
I have to say that the film’s cinematography was really breath taking. From the visual effects to the different vistas, it is a feast for your eyeballs. Assassins Creed (2016) also has quite a strong and physically attractive cast. Also, for a change, the lead character did not have a corny love story attached to him, making for a film that focusses on the objectives and not a forced love interest. I also really enjoyed how the action was not too violent, fitting in just the right amount of gory blood splatter with the assassins way of “getting things done”. The fact that I enjoyed it, as a woman, is also telling. In short, it means that you can take your partner with you, and he/she will be entertained right along side you.
- Vamers Cosplay Spotlight: Catching up with KomboKitten - 24 July, 2017
- “Your destiny is in your blood” – Assassins Creed (2016) [Review] - 20 December, 2016
- Meet Aimee “The Iron Tyrant” Plank from Thundering Hellcats [Roller Derby] - 10 November, 2016
- Vamers Cosplay Spotlight: Yuko and Kayce - 1 November, 2016
- I Popped my Geek Cherry at rAge 2016… and it was Awesome! - 22 October, 2016
- Pregnant Disney Princesses Celebrate the Moms in Your Life - 9 June, 2016
- Rick and Morty Meet Kendrick Lamar in this Hip Hop Mash-Up - 8 June, 2016
- P!nk Covers White Rabbit for Alice Through The Looking Glass - 30 May, 2016
- Captain America’s Theme Gets a Heavy Metal Cover - 27 May, 2016
- Watch Batman Hilariously Front a Metal Band in BATMETAL - 25 May, 2016