Quantum Break is the highly anticipated video game from Remedy Entertainment and Microsoft Studios, to be released for Microsoft Windows and Xbox One.
However, unlike other video games, Quantum Break is also getting a fully fledged “live action television series”, which will form part of the game itself through decisions that players make whilst playing. Furthermore, the game itself is meant to focus on the story of the ‘heroes’ whereas the live-action television segments are meant to focus on the story of the villains.
Quantum Break’s cast is headlined by Shawn Ashmore (X-Men) and Dominic Monaghan (Lost, Lord of the Rings), who are rumoured to be the two ‘heroic leads’, and also features
Little Finger Aidan Gillen (Game of Thrones) and Lance Reddick (Lost, The Wire). It is not immediately apparent as to which of the characters are heroes and which are villains, but it is entirely possible that this distinction is not meant to be clear cut.
Quantum Break was originally scheduled to launch during the holiday season of 2015, but was later shifted to 2016.
Quantum Break’s full cast:
- Shawn Ashmore (X-Men: Days of Future Past) as Jack Joyce
- Dominic Monaghan (Lost) as William Joyce
- Aidan Gillen (Game of Thrones) as Paul Serene
- Lance Reddick (Fringe) as Martin Hatch
- Marshall Allman (True Blood) as Charlie Wincott
- Patrick Heusinger (Black Swan) as Liam Burke
- Mimi Michaels (The Ugly Truth) as Fiona Miller
- Amelia Rose Blaire (True Blood) as Amy Ferraro
- Brooke Nevin as Emily Burke
- Courtney Hope as Beth Wilder
- Jacqueline Pinol as Sofia Amaral
- Jeannie Bolet as Kate Ogawa
- Sean Durrie as Nick Marsters
Owner, founder and editor-in-chief at Vamers, Hans has a vested interest in geek culture and the interactive entertainment industry. With a Masters degree in Communications and Ludology, he is well read and versed in matters relating to video games and communication media, among many other topics of interest.