The design of the landscapes and visual art styles of the world’s in which video games take place are often always unique in execution. From the bright and colourful habitat’s in Viva Pinata to the harsh realism of Heavy Rain, each video game world offers a sense of individualism that influences the way the game is experienced.
Tim Hijlkema, a visual design artist from the Netherlands, took different video games and created this morphing visual art work of 20 different video game planets.
Can you name the video games that inspired each planet?
The list of video game planets featured in the video are as follows:
1. Half Life 2
3. Battlefield 1942
4. Super Mario 64
5. Assassin’s Creed
6. Roller coaster Tycoon
7. The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
8. Fallout 3
9. Team Fortress 2
10. Mirror’s Edge
11. Portal 2
12. Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2
14. Mass Effect 3
15. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
17. The Sims 3
18. Medal of Honour
How many were you able to guess correctly? Let us know in the comments.
- Avengers: Endgame Hot Toys collectible figures are lustworthy! - 22 May, 2019
- Watch Detective Pikachu online for free, thanks to Ryan Reynolds - 8 May, 2019
- Pair PS4/Xbox One Controllers to iPhone/iPad? NO! DOES NOT WORK! - 29 April, 2019
- Avengers: Endgame Review – Whatever it takes [Spoiler Free] - 28 April, 2019
- Win with Vamers: Fokof Lager VS Mortal Kombat 11 - 16 April, 2019
- Fokof Lager partners with NetherRealm for Limited Edition Mortal Kombat 11 Beer - 12 April, 2019
- Fortnite Battle Royale Collection Figurines Officially Launched - 11 April, 2019
- Win with Vamers: Hot Toys 1/4th Scale Infinity Gauntlet - 11 April, 2019
- Four Xbox mascots, and their franchises, that need to be revived! - 3 April, 2019
- Xbox Games with Gold April 2019: Tech Outcasts on Ghostly Battlefronts - 2 April, 2019