In recent years, Disney’s princesses have continued to be creatively made relevant through being imbued with the essence of what is most popular in current mainstream culture. For example, the princesses have been imagined as sexy shoes, 16-bit arcade fighters, The Avengers and as users of Instagram. Today, they join the ‘Wonderful World of Westeros’.
An American artist by the name of Sam Tsui has added to the interesting catalogue of reimagined Disney princesses by envisioning the Disney beauty’s as if they belonged in the world of HBO’s Game of Thrones, the enigmatic television series based on the A Song of Ice and Fire books by George R. R. Martin.
The Wonderful World of Westeros is a beautifully stylised collection of portraits that perfectly merges the royal denizens of The Magic Kingdom with the powerful female leads that are changing Westeros.
Sleeping Beauty’s Aurora has always been a favourite of mine, but seeing her as Cersei has certainly given me pause. With that said, the other interpretations, namely Elsa as Daenerys, Ariel as Melisandre, Merida as Ygritte and, a personal favourite, Grandma Fa as Olenna Tyrell, are absolutely spot on. Actually, all of the choices are pretty fantastic and have me craving a Disney Movie version of Martin’s work. What do you think?
[Souce: Sam Tsui]
- Mini Motorways Review – Engrossing traffic planner - 26 September, 2019
- Three Reasons why Nespresso is best for Gamers - 17 September, 2019
- Win Comic Con Africa 2019 Tickets with Vamers and KFC - 16 September, 2019
- Borderlands 3 PC Specs Revealed: how does your PC fair? - 10 September, 2019
- Bran the Broken will be at Comic Con Africa 2019 - 4 September, 2019
- Spyro Reignited Trilogy Review: Fire-breathing Nostalgia - 3 September, 2019
- Lego Ideas Treehouse blooms sustainable bricks - 30 August, 2019
- LEGO Ideas Central Perk celebrates 25 years of Friends - 29 August, 2019
- Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint PC Specs Revealed - 29 August, 2019
- Control Review – Frustratingly Mysterious - 26 August, 2019