Christopher Stoll has created something wonderful. He has taken several of Disney’s princesses, along with a few of their supporting movie characters, and has creatively mashed them with Marvel’s The Avengers. The result is Avenger Princesses.
The crossover may sound strange at first, but it actually works incredibly well. For his vision of Avenger Princesses, Stoll cast Pocahontas as Captain America, Jasmine as Iron Man, Snow White as Hulk, Mulan as Hawkeye and Rapunzel as Thor.
Additionally, and this is most interesting, he added Maleficent as Loki (a brilliant choice) and transformed Jasmine’s father, the Sultan of Agrabah, into a cross dressing Black Widow, which Stoll reveals is a means to “simply illustrate the bizarre gender politics of the Avengers”.
Stoll’s collection is beautifully drawn and intelligently thought out, a rare trait that really makes these artworks stand out. The quality of the artwork further captures the wonderful strength of the characters as well as their unique multicultural beauty. My personal favourites of this collection are Pocahontas as Captain America, Snow White as Hulk and Maleficent as Loki (I especially like this one).
View the entire collection of Avenger Princesses below and feel free to let us know what you think.
[Source: Christopher Stoll]
- Mini Motorways Review – Engrossing traffic planner - 26 September, 2019
- Three Reasons why Nespresso is best for Gamers - 17 September, 2019
- Win Comic Con Africa 2019 Tickets with Vamers and KFC - 16 September, 2019
- Borderlands 3 PC Specs Revealed: how does your PC fair? - 10 September, 2019
- Bran the Broken will be at Comic Con Africa 2019 - 4 September, 2019
- Spyro Reignited Trilogy Review: Fire-breathing Nostalgia - 3 September, 2019
- Lego Ideas Treehouse blooms sustainable bricks - 30 August, 2019
- LEGO Ideas Central Perk celebrates 25 years of Friends - 29 August, 2019
- Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint PC Specs Revealed - 29 August, 2019
- Control Review – Frustratingly Mysterious - 26 August, 2019