Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon is a spectacle when it comes to modern gaming. With a heavy retro 80s theme, this First Person Shooter (FPS) is one of the few that I would recommend a thousand times over. It sports colourful, neon aesthetics and 80s action movie jargon. Moreover, Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon stars Michael Biehn as Sergeant Rex “Power” Colt, a super soldier with bionic enhancements.
The game pokes fun at both retro, and modern game mechanics. Rex even displays frustration with the quick little tutorial at the start of the game. For example Rex notes how obvious it is that “we” all know exactly how tutorials work; and he shows clear disdain for the dumb stealth mechanics (which proved to be super useful in my opinion).
First introduced as an April Fools joke, Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon was originally released shortly after in 2013 as an add-on for Far Cry 3 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. It is the eighth overall instalment in the Far Cry series.
The game is now available on the Xbox One Marketplace as a backwards compatible title for $15 USD (~R200 ZAR).
[Source: Twitter (Major Nelson)]
- Lost Sphear mixes classic and modern RPG’s in a wonderful way [Review] - 17 May, 2018
- The Hooked on Multiplayer Bundle is all about playing with friends - 16 May, 2018
- Early Access hit, Dead Cells, to get retail editions for PS4 & Switch - 16 May, 2018
- PES 2019 Release Date announced and more about teams revealed - 16 May, 2018
- Rainbow Six: Siege Operation Para Bellum teased by Ubisoft - 15 May, 2018
- FIFA 2018 Global series heads to Russia thanks to Coke, EA & VY Esports - 15 May, 2018
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War Desolation of Mordor expansion out now - 15 May, 2018
- Blizzard’s Rise of the Raven Lord comic legitimises Heroes of the Storm - 15 May, 2018
- PES 2018 celebrates huge milestone with Data Pack 4 - 14 May, 2018
- Robot Wizard reveals plans to bring Jengo to Nintendo Switch - 14 May, 2018