How much do you know about the ethical practices of the content you consume? Hans and Edward explore this very question in terms of video games and technology journalism, and offer insight into the importance of ethical standards and how these standards differentiate journalistic quality from enthusiast quantity.
Some useful timestamps:
[Links not showing? Please visit: https://getlpodcast.com]
- 00:00 – Intro – Welcome to Episode 94!
- 04:00 – No one is perfect.
- 06:30 – Ethical conduct
- 10:00 – Responsible journalism
- 12:30 – Enthusiast journalism
- 14:30 – Experience negates ignorance
- 17:00 – #GamerGate
- 20:00 – Deplorable Machinima
- 24:30 – Obfuscating sponsorships
- 29:30 – Opinionated Money
- 36:00 – Physical versus digital
- 39:00 – Ethical embargoes
- 43:30 – Important disclosure
- 46:00 – Outro – Thanks for listening!
If you enjoyed, please give us a good rating.
GETL (Get-All) is a podcast about Gaming, Entertainment, Technology & Geek Lifestyle. Hosted by long term geek industry pundits Hans Haupt and Edward Swardt from Vamers.com, this podcast hopes to engage, awe, inspire and educate. Listen today on all major podcast providers and YouTube.