In GETL 83, Hans and Edward reflect on what it means to review media, content and products for a living; discuss the importance of critical thought; wax lyrical on the benefits of community; and ultimately offer advice on the best way to consume and enjoy review content in a world filled with influencers and charlatans.
Some useful timestamps:
[Links not showing? Please visit: https://getlpodcast.com]
- 00:00 – Intro – Welcome to Episode 83!
- 02:45 – Understanding ‘reviews’
- 04:30 – You review, I review, we all review
- 05:30 – Review bias
- 09:00 – Expert opinions
- 12:20 – Communal voices
- 14:40 – Hubris begets ethics
- 18:30 – Critical thought versus public opinion
- 23:00 – Reading between the lines
- 27:00 – Value of critique and the importance of community
- 34:00 – Lore & Narrative interlude
- 35:15 – It isn’t always fun and games
- 39:00 – More than face value
- 40:30 – How do you perceive reviews?
- 42:00 – Meaning through research
- 45:00 – Never ending critique
- 46:40 – Outro – Thanks for listening!
If you enjoyed, please give us a good rating.
GETL (Get-All) is a podcast about Gaming, Entertainment, Technology & Geek Lifestyle. Hosted by long term geek industry pundits Hans Haupt and Edward Swardt from Vamers.com, this podcast hopes to engage, awe, inspire and educate. Listen today on all major podcast providers and YouTube.