In GETL 85, Hans and Edward carefully dissect and discuss the concept of ‘video game subscriptions’, its place in the global market, overall value propositions and the truth behind whether or not the subscription model is, in fact, sustainable.
Some useful timestamps:
[Links not showing? Please visit: https://getlpodcast.com]
- 00:00 – Intro – Welcome to Episode 85!
- 01:30 – Subscriptions and the future
- 03:30 – Primary gaming subscriptions
- 07:00 – PlayStation’s answer to Game Pass
- 09:45 – Quality versus Quantity
- 12:00 – Revenue streams
- 15:00 – Unsustainable and antiquated business models
- 18:40 – Dropping the ball & purposeful confusion
- 24:15 – The Game Pass Effect
- 28:00 – New versus Old
- 33:30 – Understanding the new PlayStation Plus
- 36:00 – Paid for game trials?
- 40:00 – Perceived value
- 48:00 – Not all subscriptions are equal
- 50:30- Outro – Thanks for listening!
If you enjoyed, please give us a good rating.
GETL (Get-All) is a podcast about Gaming, Entertainment, Technology & Geek Lifestyle. Hosted by long term geek industry pundits Hans Haupt and Edward Swardt from Vamers.com, this podcast hopes to engage, awe, inspire and educate. Listen today on all major podcast providers and YouTube.