In GETL 79, Hans and Edward explore relationships within video games. In particular, relationships between protagonists and characters featured within and out of narrative constructs. They also take a hard look at the rather unusual lack of serious relationships within video games, and ponder about why this has become the norm.
Some useful timestamps:
[Links not showing? Please visit: https://getlpodcast.com]
- 00:00 – Intro – Welcome to Episode 79!
- 05:25 – Exploring relationships within video games
- 06:10 – Video game characters and marriage
- 10:00 – Why do games avoid serious relationships?
- 12:00 – Relationship Choice vs Core Narrative Relationships
- 15:00 – Familial vs Romantic relationships
- 17:00 – Non-optional relationships in gaming
- 22:30 – Non-conventional relationships in gaming
- 28:00 – Unreciprocated love
- 32:00 – Gaming needs more relationship development
- 33:30 – Outro – Thanks for listening!
If you enjoyed, please give us a good rating.
Note: Ed’s camera is powered by the Razer Kiyo Pro for this episode, courtesy of Apex Interactive.
GETL (Get-All) is a podcast about Gaming, Entertainment, Technology & Geek Lifestyle. Hosted by long term geek industry pundits Hans Haupt and Edward Swardt from Vamers.com, this podcast hopes to engage, awe, inspire and educate. Listen today on all major podcast providers and YouTube.