In GETL 79, Hans and Edward explore relationships within video games. In particular, relationships between protagonists and characters featured within and out of narrative constructs. They also take a hard look at the rather unusual lack of serious relationships within video games, and ponder about why this has become the norm.
Some useful timestamps:
[Links not showing? Please visit: https://getlpodcast.com]
- 00:00 – Intro – Welcome to Episode 79!
- 05:25 – Exploring relationships within video games
- 06:10 – Video game characters and marriage
- 10:00 – Why do games avoid serious relationships?
- 12:00 – Relationship Choice vs Core Narrative Relationships
- 15:00 – Familial vs Romantic relationships
- 17:00 – Non-optional relationships in gaming
- 22:30 – Non-conventional relationships in gaming
- 28:00 – Unreciprocated love
- 32:00 – Gaming needs more relationship development
- 33:30 – Outro – Thanks for listening!
If you enjoyed, please give us a good rating.
Note: Ed’s camera is powered by the Razer Kiyo Pro for this episode, courtesy of Apex Interactive.