In GETL 91, Hans and Edward dissect the many differences in how media may be preserved as art, primarily thought better understanding the ways reboots, remasters and remakes are handled; and whether or not they offer tangible purposes or are nothing more than nostalgic cash-grabs.
Some useful timestamps:
[Links not showing? Please visit: https://getlpodcast.com]
- 00:00 – Intro – Welcome to Episode 91!
- 02:00 – Remaster/Remake/Reboot
- 03:30 – Preservation of media as art
- 06:30 – Remastering trends
- 09:30 – What is the difference?
- 12:30 – Egregious renewals
- 17:00 – Paid for “upgrades”
- 19:00 – Remaking remasters
- 23:30 – The way of the ‘remake’
- 29:30 – Discussing the differences
- 34:30 – Is there a higher purpose?
- 40:00 – A taste for nostalgia
- 47:00 – Licensing remasters & understanding needs/wants
- 50:00 – Reboot paradox
- 54:30 – Outro – Thanks for listening!
If you enjoyed, please give us a good rating.
GETL (Get-All) is a podcast about Gaming, Entertainment, Technology & Geek Lifestyle. Hosted by long term geek industry pundits Hans Haupt and Edward Swardt from Vamers.com, this podcast hopes to engage, awe, inspire and educate. Listen today on all major podcast providers and YouTube.