In GETL 81, Hans and Edward discuss the interesting nuance surrounding narrative and lore elements within video games, and how this interactive medium is both a boon and a curse for lore junkies.
Some useful timestamps:
[Links not showing? Please visit: https://getlpodcast.com]
- 00:00 – Intro – Welcome to Episode 81!
- 01:30 – What is a narrative?
- 05:20 – Narratives vs gameplay
- 09:30 – Lore outside of narrative
- 11:30 – Interactivity begets narrative
- 16:00 – Self-contained versus expanded lore
- 21:00 – Importance of complete narratives
- 24:00 – Games allow for expanded lore
- 30:00 – Is gameplay enough?
- 35:00 – Core narratives & cherry picked lore
- 39:30 – Outro – Thanks for listening!
If you enjoyed, please share and consider giving us a good rating.
GETL (Get-All) is a podcast about Gaming, Entertainment, Technology & Geek Lifestyle. Hosted by long term geek industry pundits Hans Haupt and Edward Swardt from Vamers.com, this podcast hopes to engage, awe, inspire and educate. Listen today on all major podcast providers and YouTube.