In GETL 74, Hans and Edward explore: the many misconceptions around video games journalism and how this industry is absolutely not as ‘fun’, ‘carefree’ or ‘entertaining’ as it appears to be; a brief history of where Ha-Ha originates from; how scientists are researching ways to breathe through our butts; an incredible new form of birth control; the unfair way the Chinese government is censoring citizens; how enjoying more sun might actually correlate with having more sex; and so much more!
Some useful timestamps:
[Links not showing? Please visit: https://getlpodcast.com]
- 00:00 – Intro – Welcome to Episode 74!
- 03:30 – Question of the week!
- 06:00 – Misconceptions of being a ‘Gaming Journalist’
- 09:00 – Consistent Critical Thinking Ruins Video Games
- 11:40 – Writing requires practice, skill, and dedication
- 17:55 – Gaming Media’s landscape is filled with landmines
- 25:00 – It is not easy, but it is somewhat rewarding
- 26:20 – Like most industries, it is cutthroat
- 29:00 – This is why creators have sponsors
- 31:00 – The history of Ha-Ha
- 45:30 – Breathing through your butt
- 01:01:00 – Gilead birth control?
- 01:10:00 – No More Sissy Boys
- 01:18:20 – More Sun = More Sex
- 01:27:15 – Outro – Thanks for listening!
If you enjoyed, please give us a good rating.
GETL (Get-All) is a podcast about Gaming, Entertainment, Technology & Geek Lifestyle. Hosted by long term geek industry pundits Hans Haupt and Edward Swardt from Vamers.com, this podcast hopes to engage, awe, inspire and educate. Listen today on all major podcast providers and YouTube.