In GETL 74, Hans and Edward explore: the many misconceptions around video games journalism and how this industry is absolutely not as ‘fun’, ‘carefree’ or ‘entertaining’ as it appears to be; a brief history of where Ha-Ha originates from; how scientists are researching ways to breathe through our butts; an incredible new form of birth control; the unfair way the Chinese government is censoring citizens; how enjoying more sun might actually correlate with having more sex; and so much more!
Some useful timestamps:
[Links not showing? Please visit: https://getlpodcast.com]
- 00:00 – Intro – Welcome to Episode 74!
- 03:30 – Question of the week!
- 06:00 – Misconceptions of being a ‘Gaming Journalist’
- 09:00 – Consistent Critical Thinking Ruins Video Games
- 11:40 – Writing requires practice, skill, and dedication
- 17:55 – Gaming Media’s landscape is filled with landmines
- 25:00 – It is not easy, but it is somewhat rewarding
- 26:20 – Like most industries, it is cutthroat
- 29:00 – This is why creators have sponsors
- 31:00 – The history of Ha-Ha
- 45:30 – Breathing through your butt
- 01:01:00 – Gilead birth control?
- 01:10:00 – No More Sissy Boys
- 01:18:20 – More Sun = More Sex
- 01:27:15 – Outro – Thanks for listening!
If you enjoyed, please give us a good rating.