“Over a trillion damage points were dealt in the Overwatch open beta”
Overwatch, the brand new team-arena based first-person shooter from Blizzard Entertainment, releases on the 24th of May. Gamers around the world are extremely excited for the launch, a fact that was more than proved in the recent open beta that drew close to 10 million players (combined total for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC users).
Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment, was suitably taken aback by the impressive support of the game and said that “the response was overwhelming”, noting specifically that everyone at Blizzard is thrilled at the incredible number of players who got a chance to check out Overwatch during its open beta period.
Since the Overwatch open beta was the biggest in Blizzard’s history, the company has put together a very interesting infographic that details everything from the total amount of time logged in the game (81 million hours) to the total amount of damage that was dealt within the beta’s four day runtime (over a trillion units of damage).
Here are some of the most impressive stats of the Overwatch open beta:
- Over a trillion units of damage was dealt (1 369 749 063 663 units of damage, to be precise)
- Gamers spent over 9380 years of time ‘playing’ the game (4.9 billion minutes played)
- Over 168 billion units of healing was received
- Almost 88 million loot boxes were earned in the close to 38 million matches completed
- Gamers travelled over 1.9 million kilometres delivering more than 9 million payloads
- Games had an average match time of 7 minutes and 15 seconds
- The most picked heroes were Soldier: 76 (Offensive), Widowmaker (Defensive), Reinhardt (Tank) and Mercy (Support)
These stats are highly impressive for a beta, which has many believing that the game will far exceed expectations once released on the 24th of May 2016 (available for Windows PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One).
View all of the stats from the Overwatch open beta in the infographic below:
- You won’t believe what happens when you call Two Point Hospital! - 18 January, 2018
- Theme Hospital is being reborn as Two Point Hospital - 18 January, 2018
- Forza Horizon 3 Xbox One X patch is live: Native 4K, 30FPS, Enhanced Visuals - 17 January, 2018
- Happy Holidays from the Vamers Crew [Year in Review 2017] - 24 December, 2017
- Xbox One X: the best and most powerful Xbox yet [Review] - 11 December, 2017
- Logitech’s UE Wonderboom is a great summer party companion [Review] - 7 December, 2017
- Win a #VamersChristmas Xbox One Hamper (valued at R12 000) - 4 December, 2017
- Win a #VamersChristmas PlayStation 4 Hamper (valued at R8500) - 4 December, 2017
- Win 1 of 3 #VamersChristmas Nintendo Hampers (each valued at R2500) - 4 December, 2017
- Win R30 000 in prizes with #VamersChristmas 2017 - 4 December, 2017