In recent years, Disney’s princesses have continued to be creatively made relevant through being imbued with the essence of what is most popular in current mainstream culture. For example, the princesses have been imagined as sexy shoes, 16-bit arcade fighters, The Avengers and as users of Instagram. Today, they join the ‘Wonderful World of Westeros’.
An American artist by the name of Sam Tsui has added to the interesting catalogue of reimagined Disney princesses by envisioning the Disney beauty’s as if they belonged in the world of HBO’s Game of Thrones, the enigmatic television series based on the A Song of Ice and Fire books by George R. R. Martin.
The Wonderful World of Westeros is a beautifully stylised collection of portraits that perfectly merges the royal denizens of The Magic Kingdom with the powerful female leads that are changing Westeros.
Sleeping Beauty’s Aurora has always been a favourite of mine, but seeing her as Cersei has certainly given me pause. With that said, the other interpretations, namely Elsa as Daenerys, Ariel as Melisandre, Merida as Ygritte and, a personal favourite, Grandma Fa as Olenna Tyrell, are absolutely spot on. Actually, all of the choices are pretty fantastic and have me craving a Disney Movie version of Martin’s work. What do you think?
[Souce: Sam Tsui]
- Win with Vamers: Sea of Thieves Be More Pirate Competition - 20 March, 2018
- Support Jengo the game on Fig and be a part of the adventure - 19 March, 2018
- State of Decay 2 Collector’s Edition comes with a literal Thumb Drive - 15 March, 2018
- Jurassic World Evolution stars Jeff Goldblum as Dr. Ian Malcolm - 15 March, 2018
- 25% PlayStation Plus Discount on 12 month membership [6 – 23 March 2018] - 13 March, 2018
- Darwin Project now available on Early Access & Game Preview - 12 March, 2018
- Comic Con Africa Tickets on sale from 9 March 2018 - 8 March, 2018
- Buy Pure Farming 2018 and help Support the Drought Relief Fund - 8 March, 2018
- God of War Limited Edition PlayStation 4 Pro is gloriously gaudy - 7 March, 2018
- Applications for Comic Con Africa Artist Alley (2018) are now open - 7 March, 2018