Hiding various pop culture references in games is something that most developers enjoy doing. Easter eggs are a dime a dozen in games such as Grand Theft Auto, with every entry in the franchise only gaining more and more. Grand Theft Auto V, for instance, still has fans scrutinising every little nook and cranny, just in case something has been missed. It is why this Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Black Panther Easter egg really blew my mind.
Games that usually hold very few easter eggs often surprise fans when it is revealed that a pretty obvious nod was missed. The Assassin’s Creed franchise is one such series. Where you hardly ever see out-of-this-world easter eggs because, well, they simply do not fit in with the historical period the games are trying to mimic.
I was super surprised when I only recently learned about an easter egg in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, that I walked right past! The easter egg in question pertains to two men locked into a duel, in shallow water, on the edge of a waterfall, with bystanders cheering them on. Yes – this very obvious Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Black Panther easter egg is actually in the game!
In the video above, IGN flies Kassandra’s well-trained eagle, Senu, over the waterfall, where the player then zooms into the fight below. If the reference itself is not clear enough, IGN even edited a few clips from the hit Marvel movie into their footage.
As far as easter eggs go in games, this Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Black Panther one is pretty cool! If you want to check it out yourself, you can head over to the northern part of Messera, and travel over to the Gortyn Waterfall. While this scene does not take place in Africa (the setting of Black Panther), it does look eerily similar. The video also showcases Kassandra getting a closer look at the duel, right before the player who recorded the footage decided to interrupt the fight.
While I would have liked to see the outcome of this fight between the non-playable characters, the video does depict the entirety of the scene in Black Panther. Where one of the characters end up falling off and into the body of water below.
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey has been out for quite a while now. The game is excellent, and the #VCrewZA have been enjoying our time with it since publishing our review. This neat Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Black Panther easter egg definitely makes us want to go back and explore Ancient Greece once more.
- Apple TV Steam Link now available; Play PC games on Apple devices! - 16 May, 2019
- Sniper Elite V2 Remastered Review – The Definitive Sniper Experience - 13 May, 2019
- Overwatch Havana map is now live, includes rum! - 9 May, 2019
- Cricket 19 Demo lets you build your ultimate team right now - 9 May, 2019
- 7 reasons why you should upgrade to Sniper Elite V2 Remastered - 9 May, 2019
- Mortal Kombat 11 Review – Gorgeous, Fun and Fresh - 7 May, 2019
- Razer Core X Chroma redefines the meaning of RGB in eGPU - 6 May, 2019
- Acer Predator Helios 700 and 300 set new bar for gaming laptops - 6 May, 2019
- 10 Zombie Games To Play (instead of Days Gone) - 25 April, 2019
- Days Gone Review – A cliched and phoned-in open-world zombie game - 25 April, 2019