One of the absolute stand out characters in Avengers: Infinity War (2018) is Doctor Strange. From his quips when speaking to Tony Stark, through to his love of sarcasm when conversing with everyone else, the Doctor is an unforgettable and truly formidable character. Today Benedict Cumberbatch’s character has once again been given the sixth scale figure treatment with the all new Hot Toys Doctor Strange (MMS484).
The Hot Toys Doctor Strange (MMS484) is an update from the immensely popular and sold out collectible that launched when Marvel’s Doctor Strange (2016) released. Although similar in many ways, the newer collectible features a brand new headsculpt as well as a backdrop that features one of the most iconic scenes in Avengers: Infinity War (2018).
The Hot Toys Doctor Strange (MMS484) effectively miniaturises the ‘wielder of the mystical arts’ down to one sixth scale (roughly 31cm tall), but retains all of the detail of the character from the film. These incredible details include handmade clothing, a magnetic and flexible Cloak of Levitation (such a great accessory), a replica of the Eye of Agamotto (includes both an open and closed eye), several mandalas of light in green and orange to reflect his powers in the film, as well as several orange-coloured “mystic art effects” including a sword and ropes. The detail in these promotion shots, which are of a pre-production collectible, are excellent and testament to the skill of the artists at Hot Toys.
Much like the very first Doctor Strange figure from Hot Toys, the absolute highlight of the Hot Toys Doctor Strange (MMS484) figure is, without a doubt, the uncanny resemblance that it has to Benedict Cumberbatch. Hot Toys sculptor Viva Kai has done a fantastic job of recreating the likeness of Cumberbatch’s character in Avengers: Infinity War.
The Hot Toys Doctor Strange (MMS484) Sixth Scale Movie Masterpiece Series collectible figure is due for release in the second/third quarter of 2019 (I would say early 2020 just to be safe). It has a suggested retail price of R4650 and can be purchased directly through Vamers Store. If you pre-order before 15 June, you will save R100!
– Newly developed head sculpt with authentic and detailed likeness of Benedict Cumberbatch as Doctor Stephen Strange in Avengers: Infinity War
– Movie-accurate facial expression with detailed wrinkles, and skin texture
– Black coloured short hair sculpture
– Newly developed body with over 30 points of articulation
– Approximately 31cm tall
– Thirteen (13) pieces of interchangeable hands including:
• One (1) pair of fists
• One (1) pair of hands for mystic art effects
• One (1) pair of clenching hands
• Two (2) pair of mystic power-using hands
• One (1) pair of open hands
• One (1) finger pointing right hand
– Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted
– One (1) delicately woven red-coloured cape (The Cloak of Levitation) adorned with intricate embroidery with special magnetic clip-on design
– One (1) navy-coloured under-tunic
– One (1) multi-layered blue and navy-coloured tunic
– One (1) dark brown-coloured cummerbund
– One (1) pair of dark blue-coloured pants
– One (1) pair of black and blue-coloured boots
– Two (2) sling rings
– Two (2) amulets (The Eye of Agamotto) with an open and closed Eye, respectively
– Fourteen (14) pieces of mystic art effects including:
• Four (4) pieces of green-coloured mandalas of light in different sizes (wearable on forearms)
• Four (4) pieces of orange-coloured mandalas of light in different sizes (wearable on forearms)
• One (1) pair of orange-coloured mandalas of light
• One (1) set orange-coloured battle mystic art effect
• One (1) orange-coloured square-shaped mystic art effect
• One (1) orange-coloured sword-shaped mystic art effect
• One (1) bundle of reddish orange-coloured ropes mystic art effect
– A specially designed Avengers: Infinity War themed dynamic figure stand with movie logo and character backdrop
**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Product details could be subjected to change without further notice
Owner, founder and editor-in-chief at Vamers, Hans has a vested interest in geek culture and the interactive entertainment industry. With a Masters degree in Communications and Ludology, he is well read and versed in matters relating to video games and communication media, among many other topics of interest.