Prepare your gaming butts for Valentine’s day, folks! Among the Innocent: A Stricken Tale will debut on 14 February, 2017.
Former NAG Magazine editor, Geoff Burrows, and his new development studio, Zero Degrees Games, have announced the release date for their upcoming title in a quick little update on their website. The update also mentions a release-week discount of 10% for those of you eager to support local indie developers.
Among the Innocent: A Stricken Tale, is a first-person adventure game with point-and-click elements. It is set in a seemingly abandoned farm in the Free State. It is also the first of a planned five-episode series that explore the “Kubler-Ross model for dealing with grief and loss”.
The game’s main protagonist is a struggling writer by the name of Peter York, who finds himself trapped in the area. Players will have to figure out puzzles to get to their freedom. They will explore the farm and uncover the many secrets that lay hidden in the farm’s vast explorable area.
The game will be available for PC and Mac users, with a retail price of R109. The retail price will come into effect after the first week or so when the 10% discount falls away.
Among the Innocent: A Stricken Tale is perhaps the first locally produced game that I am eagerly awaiting. It looks like it is right up my alley in terms of gameplay. It also looks a bit spooky (which is admittedly not up my alley), which should make things interesting!
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019) Review - 27 January, 2020
- Pascal’s Wager Review – pushing mobile game boundaries - 27 January, 2020
- Lightsabers in movies – adding them makes everything better - 23 January, 2020
- Assassin’s Creed III: Remastered Review – 99 improvements but NPC’s ain’t one - 22 January, 2020
- Anti-theft pudding alarm stops thieves from stealing your dessert - 21 January, 2020
- Interview with Intergalactic Ice-Cream creator, Andrew Phillips - 21 January, 2020
- Frostpunk: The Last Autumn Review – Fall has never looked so good - 21 January, 2020
- Cosplayer Lai Pin-yu is Taiwan’s newest elected official - 18 January, 2020
- WB Montreal’s constant New Batman Game teases are tiresome - 16 January, 2020
- 10 Witcher characters Netflix can pull from the books and games - 15 January, 2020