Over the last year, rumours of the next generation consoles from Sony and Microsoft have made gamers brim with excitement. Unfortunately, each gaming heavy weight has remained silent on the topic with the all too familiar response of “we do not comment on rumours and speculation”. Today, that changed.
Earlier this month, Sony’s Kaz Hirai gave news media this pearl of a quote in response to when the next PlayStation would be announced: “Why go first, when your competitors can look at your specifications and come up with something better?”
Despite Kaz’ earlier comment, it looks like Sony have decided to ‘jump the gun’.
An official invitation to “see the future of PlayStation” has gone live across the web with the PlayStation Twitter, Facebook and blog all issuing the same media information. All official news links refer to this website, which contains the teaser video that is embedded below and the following date: Wednesday 20th February 2013.
There we go folks. In 19 days time we will finally be given access to Sony’s plans for their next generation PlayStation.
[Sources: PlayStation Blog]
- Win with Vamers: Death Stranding Steelbook - 27 November, 2019
- Overwatch Legendary Edition Nintendo Switch Review – Nerf This! - 18 November, 2019
- Win with Vamers: Pokémon Sword and Shield Hamper - 15 November, 2019
- Pokémon Cosmic Eclipse Elite Trainer Box Review – Colourful Addition - 11 November, 2019
- Win With Vamers: Tickets to Playtopia MGA 2019 - 8 November, 2019
- AirPods Pro South Africa – Launching 25 Nov, pre-orders open - 7 November, 2019
- Win with Vamers: Fortnite Battle Royale Collection Figurines - 6 November, 2019
- His Dark Materials is a binge worthy adaptation of the books - 5 November, 2019
- Bethesda doesn’t register Fallout First domain, angry fan snaps it up - 24 October, 2019
- Medievil Review – Sir Daniel Fortesque is back with a vengeance - 23 October, 2019