Over the last year, rumours of the next generation consoles from Sony and Microsoft have made gamers brim with excitement. Unfortunately, each gaming heavy weight has remained silent on the topic with the all too familiar response of “we do not comment on rumours and speculation”. Today, that changed.
Earlier this month, Sony’s Kaz Hirai gave news media this pearl of a quote in response to when the next PlayStation would be announced: “Why go first, when your competitors can look at your specifications and come up with something better?”
Despite Kaz’ earlier comment, it looks like Sony have decided to ‘jump the gun’.
An official invitation to “see the future of PlayStation” has gone live across the web with the PlayStation Twitter, Facebook and blog all issuing the same media information. All official news links refer to this website, which contains the teaser video that is embedded below and the following date: Wednesday 20th February 2013.
There we go folks. In 19 days time we will finally be given access to Sony’s plans for their next generation PlayStation.
[Sources: PlayStation Blog]
- Cyberpunk 2077 editions detailed – which is best for you? - 12 June, 2019
- Claire’s Sanctuary wants you to save the dinos in Jurassic World Evolution - 3 June, 2019
- Avengers: Endgame Hot Toys collectible figures are lustworthy! - 22 May, 2019
- Watch Detective Pikachu online for free, thanks to Ryan Reynolds - 8 May, 2019
- Pair PS4/Xbox One Controllers to iPhone/iPad? NO! DOES NOT WORK! - 29 April, 2019
- Avengers: Endgame Review – Whatever it takes [Spoiler Free] - 28 April, 2019
- Win with Vamers: Fokof Lager VS Mortal Kombat 11 - 16 April, 2019
- Fokof Lager partners with NetherRealm for Limited Edition Mortal Kombat 11 Beer - 12 April, 2019
- Fortnite Battle Royale Collection Figurines Officially Launched - 11 April, 2019
- Win with Vamers: Hot Toys 1/4th Scale Infinity Gauntlet - 11 April, 2019