Before the advent of the Apple Watch, I never really needed to give much thought as to where I would place my watch after taking it off for the day. For the most part, it would be placed on the bedside table. Ready to be used again at a moments notice. Unfortunately, that is no longer the case.
As with many other smart devices, the Apple Watch needs to be charged every other day (depending on your usage). Thankfully, this is where the Belkin Valet Charge Dock (R599) comes into play. Offering a sturdy, gorgeous and incredibly useful place to store my Apple Watch when it is not being used.
Much like other Apple devices, the Apple Watch comes with a single charger. In this case, it is the proprietary Apple Watch Puck. If you splurged for an Apple Watch Edition, then you would have also received the Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock (R1299). A wonderfully designed charger that is especially useful for travelling.
However, most people only have the cabled puck, which leaves a lot to be desired. This is where other manufactures have entered the fray. Offering Apple Watch users additional options for charging their devices.
The Belkin Valet Charge Dock is gorgeous. I dare say it is more Apple-like than the aforementioned official charger that Apple sells. The dock has a nicely weighted glossy white base with a grey rubber underside to prevent slipping. There is an unobtrusive Belkin logo on the front, power cord exiting at the rear, and a single chromed metal strut protruding from the top.
The strut houses the charging puck, and it is seamlessly designed into one attractive unit. It has also been crafted in a way that allows the Apple Watch to be placed on it with or without an attached band. This makes it incredibly functional and easy to use. Whereas another dock might require the watch bands be removed or closed, the Belkin Valet Charge Dock has no such drawbacks. It simply works, and looks great in the process.
It also includes an additional glossy white plastic attachment for people who prefer to store their watches with the bands flared and on display. This is especially useful when using the dock as a nightstand for the watch, and is a thoughtful addition to the overall package.
Unlike most other charging docks that require the included Apple Watch charging cable to function, the Belkin Valet Charge Dock includes its own, non-removable and magnetic, charging puck. A welcome and convenient addition. One that also makes the dock an affordable proposition, given how a 2-metre Apple Watch charging cable retails for more than this dock.
Much like the charging puck that is included with all Apple Watches, the Belkin Valet Charge Dock’s 1.2 metre long power cable ends in a traditional USB-A port. That does mean that it requires a separate USB charger to function. A small caveat for an otherwise fantastic product.
The Belkin Valet Charge Dock is a simple and eye catching product that does exactly what it is designed to do: charge an Apple Watch, in style. It is rare to find products that are as functional as they are pretty. Not to mention affordable. Thankfully, Belkin have nailed it on the head with this Apple Watch charger.
- Oddworld: Soulstorm GDC demo is gorgeous and tantalising - 20 March, 2019
- Bart Simpson becomes an esports star on The Simpsons - 19 March, 2019
- Final Avengers: Endgame trailer spells the end for fan favourite characters - 14 March, 2019
- Elon Musk contributes to Borderlands 3 weapons - 14 March, 2019
- Fan made Fresh Prince of Bel-Air Reboot trailer is dark, gritty & sensational - 14 March, 2019
- Pokémon TCG Detective Pikachu Cards are wonderfully photorealistic! - 13 March, 2019
- YouTube Premium South Africa now available! Goodbye adverts! - 13 March, 2019
- Anthem Review – Bold, Beautiful and Brilliant, but Buggy - 6 March, 2019
- Win a Super Rare Sekiro Shadows Die Twice PS4 Pro [South Africa] - 1 March, 2019
- Rare Sekiro Shadows Die Twice PlayStation 4 Pro is lustworthy - 28 February, 2019