I am not going to pull any punches. The reason you are here is because you want to learn more about the full-length Star Wars: The Last Jedi trailer. I will be the first to say that it is gobsmackingly good. From Snoke’s opening line, through to the unforgettable last scene, it is packed with goosebump inducing moments of awe and incredulity. With that said, it does contain content that many might consider as “spoilers”.
If you want to go into the film untainted, I suggest you turn away right now (do not read past the trailer embedded below either). Rather go ahead and book your tickets for the film or watch this fan made trailer instead.
For everyone else, get ready for one of the best Star Wars trailers yet!
“When I found you… I saw raw… untamed power”; that first line, no doubt spoken by Snoke, is guttural and full of awe. I am also fairly certain that he is talking about Rey (Daisy Ridley), even though the trailer wants us to believe he is referring to Kylo (Adam Driver). This notion is further supported by Luke’s (Mark Hamill) admission that the only other time he saw power like that of Rey’s, is when Kylo came into his own powers.
This idea along with the second to last scene in the trailer, which clearly shows Snoke using the Force to torture Rey, makes it quite clear that Rey will not only have a lot to learn, but that she will go through a heck of a lot in The Last Jedi.
My theory is that Rey is unique in the sense that she will become something akin to a ‘Gray Jedi’; one who walks a fine line between the light and the dark. Harnessing the power of both sides will make her a ‘force’ unlike any other.
Some other major highlights in The Last Jedi trailer include seeing the late Carrie Fisher as the enigmatic Princess Leia, Finn (John Boyega) facing off against Captain Phasma (Gwendoline Christie), Poe (Oscar Isaac) piloting some new space craft, and the absolute most pivotal scene in the trailer: Rey admitting that she needs help, and accepting it from none other than Kylo Ren! Wow!
The Last Jedi trailer aside, the film’s director, Rian Johnson, has confirmed that this eighth film in the franchise will begin directly after the previous one, with no time passing between the end of The Force Awakens (2015) and the start of The Last Jedi (2017).
Furthermore, Johnson has revealed that a ‘large part of the movie’ will explore Luke’s absence, his mysterious circumstances, and what he plans to do next. In just a few months, we will all know the truth; and I am so incredibly excited.
- Live-Action Anthem Conviction trailer from Neill Blomkamp is mesmerising - 15 February, 2019
- Playlist: Deadpool Valentine’s Day – Best Pound Town Tunes - 14 February, 2019
- TED Talks Morning: the best way to start your day - 8 February, 2019
- Anthem Hands-on preview: 3 Reasons to Get Excited - 4 February, 2019
- Xbox Live Cross-Platform details, coming to iOS, Android & Switch - 4 February, 2019
- Jedi Hairdresser cuts hair with Laser Lightsaber - 31 January, 2019
- Xbox Games with Gold February 2019: Assassins, Bombs and Jedis - 31 January, 2019
- Florence Review: Beautiful Journey about the Complexities of Love - 30 January, 2019
- Anthem PC Specs: what do you need to run the game? - 24 January, 2019
- Anthem Demo: where and how to play before launch? - 23 January, 2019