Microsoft may predominantly be a software company, but the Seattle based giant is known to be more than capable of producing exceptional hardware. One of the areas in which Microsoft has the most fun, in terms of hardware, is with its Xbox brand, and this has once again been proven true with the announcement of the brutally gorgeous Gears of War 4 Xbox Elite Controller.
The Gears of War franchise is well known for its intense and brutal gameplay and subsequent eSports events. Naturally, Microsoft is committed to continue the tradition of its goriest franchise being a part of the eSports scene; and what better way to do it than to offer a limited edition variant of its best and most professional piece of Xbox gaming hardware.
To celebrate the impending release of Gears of War 4, Microsoft has partnered with The Coalition to design a unique Gears of War 4 Limited Edition variant of the pro-level Xbox Elite Wireless Controller. The limited edition controller features laser-etched claw marks and a battle-weathered design, which Microsoft says tells “the survival story of a confrontation with the Swarm”.
The Gears of War 4 Xbox Elite Controller will be available in very limited quantities from October 2016 and has an estimated retail price of $199.99/199.99 euros/159.99 pounds/R3999.
- Live-Action Anthem Conviction trailer from Neill Blomkamp is mesmerising - 15 February, 2019
- Playlist: Deadpool Valentine’s Day – Best Pound Town Tunes - 14 February, 2019
- TED Talks Morning: the best way to start your day - 8 February, 2019
- Anthem Hands-on preview: 3 Reasons to Get Excited - 4 February, 2019
- Xbox Live Cross-Platform details, coming to iOS, Android & Switch - 4 February, 2019
- Jedi Hairdresser cuts hair with Laser Lightsaber - 31 January, 2019
- Xbox Games with Gold February 2019: Assassins, Bombs and Jedis - 31 January, 2019
- Florence Review: Beautiful Journey about the Complexities of Love - 30 January, 2019
- Anthem PC Specs: what do you need to run the game? - 24 January, 2019
- Anthem Demo: where and how to play before launch? - 23 January, 2019