Microsoft may predominantly be a software company, but the Seattle based giant is known to be more than capable of producing exceptional hardware. One of the areas in which Microsoft has the most fun, in terms of hardware, is with its Xbox brand, and this has once again been proven true with the announcement of the brutally gorgeous Gears of War 4 Xbox Elite Controller.
The Gears of War franchise is well known for its intense and brutal gameplay and subsequent eSports events. Naturally, Microsoft is committed to continue the tradition of its goriest franchise being a part of the eSports scene; and what better way to do it than to offer a limited edition variant of its best and most professional piece of Xbox gaming hardware.
To celebrate the impending release of Gears of War 4, Microsoft has partnered with The Coalition to design a unique Gears of War 4 Limited Edition variant of the pro-level Xbox Elite Wireless Controller. The limited edition controller features laser-etched claw marks and a battle-weathered design, which Microsoft says tells “the survival story of a confrontation with the Swarm”.
The Gears of War 4 Xbox Elite Controller will be available in very limited quantities from October 2016 and has an estimated retail price of $199.99/199.99 euros/159.99 pounds/R3999.
- Win With Vamers: Tickets to Playtopia 2018 - 11 November, 2018
- Michelle Pfeiffer’s Catwoman Playlist – Music that will make you Purr - 22 October, 2018
- Astro Bot Rescue Mission Review: Outstanding Virtual Reality Platformer - 12 October, 2018
- You Get Me Review: a thriller marred by cliched teenage melodrama - 11 October, 2018
- Microsoft’s #HowOldRobot Guesses the Age of Video Game Characters - 10 October, 2018
- Boet Fighter wants you to moer okes into submission, my bru! - 9 October, 2018
- Xbox Games with Gold October 2018: Food, Demons, Stunts and Money - 9 October, 2018
- Spider senses tingling? You might have won our Marvel’s Spider-Man [PS4] comp. - 8 October, 2018
- Overwatch headwear now available at Vamers Store - 4 October, 2018
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider Review: Lara’s Story Comes Full Circle - 26 September, 2018