“What do you want from me?”
Soon after the first trailer dropped, 20th Century Fox also took the time to release the official posters for Assassin’s Creed (2016); the movie adaptation of Ubisoft’s popular video game franchise.
Although the posters are far tamer than the first trailer, which features shadowy figures, superbly choreographed fights, and a unique reimagining of Abstergo’s Animus, they do show Michael Fassbender’s character, Callum Lynch, kitted out in his full assassin garb; complete with hidden blades and iconic red tassels.
Both posters also highlight the distinctive and beautiful 15th century Spanish setting whilst giving subtle nods to gamers of the franchise: one poster showcases the unmistakeable guise of an assassin that is surveying the scenery and the other displays an assassin who is, most likely, about to land in a cart of hay.
Interestingly, executive producer for the film, Pat Crowley, has said the film would be set “65 percent in the present day, and 35 percent in 15th Century Spain”. The statement is seemingly contradictory to what has been seen in the posters and initial trailer thus far, and is also a departure from the Assassin’s Creed video games.
Given the size and scope of the games, it would appear that the producers are interested in attempting to move in a slightly different direction to that of the video games. Whether that is a good or bad decision still remains to be seen. Naturally, we hope it will be the former.
Assassin’s Creed (2016) releases in cinemas, worldwide, from 21st of December, 2016.
- Xbox Games with Gold December 2018: Never Alone in Dragon Age - 1 December, 2018
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Post-Credits scene? Yes, there is one. - 29 November, 2018
- Win With Vamers: Tickets to Playtopia 2018 - 11 November, 2018
- Xbox Games with Gold November 2018: Race the Sun to the Battlefield - 1 November, 2018
- Michelle Pfeiffer’s Catwoman Playlist – Music that will make you Purr - 22 October, 2018
- Astro Bot Rescue Mission Review: Outstanding Virtual Reality Platformer - 12 October, 2018
- You Get Me Review: a thriller marred by cliched teenage melodrama - 11 October, 2018
- Microsoft’s #HowOldRobot Guesses the Age of Video Game Characters - 10 October, 2018
- Boet Fighter wants you to moer okes into submission, my bru! - 9 October, 2018
- Xbox Games with Gold October 2018: Food, Demons, Stunts and Money - 9 October, 2018