The fifth installment in the Grand Theft Auto series launched this week to much fanfare. In fact, the new game has been so successful that it has earned over $800 million in global revenue in the first 24 hours of sale, a truly astonishing figure.
Grand Theft Auto V is now the world’s fastest selling video game and is poised to become one of the best selling video games of all time (especially from a revenue perspective).
I personally splurged for the collectors edition, which I unboxed in the quick 15 second video embedded below.
The Grand Theft Auto series is known for its immense global success and explicit content, aspects it shares with HBO’s excellent Game of Throne’s series. Naturally, an artistic crossover between Grand Theft Auto and Game of Thrones has taken place, which can be seen at the top of this post.
The artwork that features in the Game of Thrones inspired Grand Theft Auto cover comes by way of Tokyo-based artist Mike Wrobel.
Wrobel envisioned the familiar faces of Westeros’ most powerful families as if they were living in the 80s and 90s. From dungarees to bright neon colours through to skateboards and stickers, Wrobel’s collection is nostalgically beautiful and perfectly representative of the time period.
The full collection of 80s and 90s fashion inspired Game of Thrones characters is embedded below.
- Win with Vamers: Sea of Thieves Be More Pirate Competition - 20 March, 2018
- Support Jengo the game on Fig and be a part of the adventure - 19 March, 2018
- State of Decay 2 Collector’s Edition comes with a literal Thumb Drive - 15 March, 2018
- Jurassic World Evolution stars Jeff Goldblum as Dr. Ian Malcolm - 15 March, 2018
- 25% PlayStation Plus Discount on 12 month membership [6 – 23 March 2018] - 13 March, 2018
- Darwin Project now available on Early Access & Game Preview - 12 March, 2018
- Comic Con Africa Tickets on sale from 9 March 2018 - 8 March, 2018
- Buy Pure Farming 2018 and help Support the Drought Relief Fund - 8 March, 2018
- God of War Limited Edition PlayStation 4 Pro is gloriously gaudy - 7 March, 2018
- Applications for Comic Con Africa Artist Alley (2018) are now open - 7 March, 2018