Sony announced a newer and cheaper version of the PlayStation Vita during the company’s pre-Tokyo Game Show (TGS) 2013 conference.
The new PS Vita, referred to as the ‘Vita 2000′ (SKU: PCH-2000), will be available for purchase in Japan on 10th October 2013 for 18980 Yen ($190/R2000). No word yet on an international release, but most likely 2014.
The Vita 2000 is 15 percent lighter and 20 percent thinner than the original model, will be available in six different colours, comes standard with a paltry 1GB of internal storage, and now uses a micro USB port for charging and syncing.
The updated Vita 2000 will also have a new battery that provides an additional hour of playtime, but this boon comes with a trade off: the current Vita’s lustrous OLED screen has been replaced with a generic LCD for the Vita 2000.
Introducing a new and cheaper PS Vita makes sense given Sony’s push for the Vita to be used as a second screen for Sony’s forthcoming PlayStation 4. The full ‘reveal’ video is below.
- Hot Toys Doctor Strange (MMS484) is mystifyingly handsy - 18 May, 2018
- Hot Toys Deadpool (MMS490) collectible is a sexy unicorn lover - 15 May, 2018
- Here are the winners in our Sea Of Thieves Be More Pirate Competition - 7 May, 2018
- Xbox Games with Gold May 2018: Solid Snake, Baseball and Cult Classics - 1 May, 2018
- Jason Momoa confirmed for Comic Con Africa 2018 - 24 April, 2018
- These Vamers Gifs will give your gif game much needed life - 19 April, 2018
- Win With Vamers: God of War Limited Edition [PS4 Only] - 19 April, 2018
- My Spirit Animal: Kratos – What life is like living with the God of War - 19 April, 2018
- Five actors who could be Kratos in a God of War Movie - 12 April, 2018
- Sea of Thieves is like tasty grog: good, even with a hangover [REVIEW] - 11 April, 2018