If you’re heading out to your local Nintendo Store or participating retailer (in South Africa) to preorder your Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet game, don’t miss the opportunity to add Shiny Eternatus to your Pokémon Sword or Pokémon Shield team. From 1 October to 17 November, 2022, you can visit these participating retailers (see image below) to pick up a special code card that will let you receive the Legendary Poison and Dragon-type Pokémon in your Pokémon Sword or Pokémon Shield game [for free, no purchase necessary].
Shiny Eternatus will appear at Lv. 100 with a Timid Nature and the Pressure Ability. It’ll know the moves Dynamax Cannon, Eternabeam, Sludge Bomb, and Flamethrower, so it should make a powerful addition to your team.
To claim your in-game gift, follow these steps:
- Launch your Pokémon Sword or Pokémon Shield game.
- Select Mystery Gift on the X menu.
- Select Get a Mystery Gift.
- Select Get with Code/Password to save your game and connect to the internet.
- Enter your code or password.
- Watch as the gift arrives in your game. (Pokémon will appear in your party or your Pokémon Boxes. Items will appear in your Bag.)
- Be sure to save your game.
No purchase is required to receive a code card, but the offer is only available while supplies last, so don’t delay. Head over to participating South African retailers starting 1 October and ending 17 November 2022 to claim your Shiny Eternatus!
With a master's degree in pastiche, the Vamers Public Relations Bot uncannily regurgitates some of the coolest news the industry has to offer. From fanciful announcement trailers through to over-the-top delays, this PR Bot covers it all.