Windows 10 made its long awaited debut on the 29th July 2015. In a little over a month, Microsoft’s flagship operating system (OS) has been installed on over 75 million devices, an incredible feat.
The big news comes by way of Yusuf Mehdi, Microsoft’s CEO, who recently shared some incredibly interesting facts about Redmond’s newest OS via Twitter.
Some of the more interesting facts about Windows 10 include: a massive install base that is spread over 192 countries worldwide, more than 90 000 unique PC and tablets have upgraded to the new OS (some of which were manufactured in 2007), more than 122 years of gameplay have been streamed from Xbox One to Windows 10 devices, Cortana has told over half a million jokes since launch, and last, but not least, the Windows Store for Windows 10 has seen a six fold increase in application downloads per device versus Windows 8.
The full list of Tweeted facts can be found on the Windows Blog, with the takeaway being that Microsoft have once again produced an OS that has taken the world by storm, and deservedly so.
[Sources: Windows Blog]
- Win with Vamers: Death Stranding Steelbook - 27 November, 2019
- Overwatch Legendary Edition Nintendo Switch Review – Nerf This! - 18 November, 2019
- Win with Vamers: Pokémon Sword and Shield Hamper - 15 November, 2019
- Pokémon Cosmic Eclipse Elite Trainer Box Review – Colourful Addition - 11 November, 2019
- Win With Vamers: Tickets to Playtopia MGA 2019 - 8 November, 2019
- AirPods Pro South Africa – Launching 25 Nov, pre-orders open - 7 November, 2019
- Win with Vamers: Fortnite Battle Royale Collection Figurines - 6 November, 2019
- His Dark Materials is a binge worthy adaptation of the books - 5 November, 2019
- Bethesda doesn’t register Fallout First domain, angry fan snaps it up - 24 October, 2019
- Medievil Review – Sir Daniel Fortesque is back with a vengeance - 23 October, 2019