Some may ask “who is Samuel Witwer”? Those who do will most likely be greeted by disbelieving stares from many a geek at the mere utterance of such a question. To put it simply, Sam Witwer is an American actor, singer-songwriter and, most importantly, the ultimate in ‘hot geek’ eye candy.
His good looks alone are enough to qualify him as a recipient of the title Vamers Venator, but his geek credentials speak for themselves. A self-confessed Star Wars fanboy, Sam brought life and lent his likeness to the character of Galen Marek (Starkiller) in the Star Wars: The Force Unleashed video games. His sexy voice and envy-inspiring good looks (those lips, that jawline…) brought depth to Starkiller’s tortured character, forever endearing the young Sith apprentice to our hearts. Sam’s penchant for ‘the dark side’ also resulted in his voice being used for The Son and Darth Maul in the animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
“Shakespeare is awesome. Art is awesome… but why I really got into the business was to have an action figure with a FRIGGIN LIGHTSABER! OK?!”
~ Samuel Witwer
Before succumbing to the dark side Sam Witwer started out in television. He has appeared in hit shows like Smallville (as Davis Bloome/Doomsday), Battlestar Galactica (as Lt. Crashdown) and Dexter (as Neil Perry). He currently stars as the (non-glittering) vampire Aidan in the North American remake of the British series Being Human. Sam has also expressed an interest in reprising his role as Starkiller in George Lucas’ live-action television adaptation of Star Wars – a series we are all hoping for.
Sam Witwer’s first love, by his own admission, is music. He currently fronts his own band called The Crashtones, which released their first studio album ‘Colorful of the Stereo’ in 2006.
In addition to his voice over work, acting and musical talent, Sam is an avid fan of electronic and pen-and-paper role-playing games and regularly appears on the podcast Order 66, which focuses on the Star Wars Saga Edition role-playing game. I for one would love to roll dice with him in a Star Wars Saga Edition campaign or two…
Samuel ‘Sam’ Stewart Witwer (born 20 October 1977) is an American actor and musician. He has appeared in individual episodes of numerous television shows as well as minor recurring characters in shows such as Battlestar Galactica, Smallville (Davis Bloome aka Doomsday), CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, and Dexter. He also voiced and gave his likeness to the main protagonist, Galen Marek/Starkiller, in the Star Wars: The Force Unleashed video game and its sequel. He currently stars in the US adaptation of the BBC’s supernatural drama series Being Human.
- Official Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald teaser trailer - 14 March, 2018
- The New Mutants trailer offers cinematic glimpse of The Demon Bear Saga - 14 February, 2018
- Stranger Things X Ariana Grande is a super sexy synth pop mashup - 14 February, 2018
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them [Review] - 24 November, 2016
- Wolverine is back for one last ‘Hurrah’ in New Trailer for Logan (2017) - 26 October, 2016
- Initial Thoughts on Pokémon Go [First Play] - 11 July, 2016
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (2016) Teaser Trailer - 14 June, 2016
- New Gameplay & PS VR Support Revealed for Final Fantasy XV at E3 - 14 June, 2016
- X-Men: Apocalypse (2016) [Review] - 7 June, 2016
- Revelations from X-Men: Apocalypse - 31 May, 2016