When we watch characters in our favourite television series, we slowly become more and more invested in them as time goes by. As such, we eventually feel like we ‘know them’, since we are getting an exclusive look into their lives. Some of us even wish we could be a part of the show. Imagine then, for just a moment, that you have the ability to enter the homes of these characters. Would the bathroom be where you think it is? Is the kitchen how you imagined it would be? These are similar questions pondered by Spanish based interior designer, Iñaki Aliste Lizarralde; who has taken the liberty of drawing up a myriad of TV series floor plans for some of the most popular shows on television.
Lizarralde has hand drawn a large variety of floor plans that depict a myriad of locations featured in popular television series. From the home on The Simpsons, through to the apartments in Frazier, Friends, The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Sex and the City and more, there is an incredible and unique architectural layout for almost anyone to enjoy.
One of the most standout observations from examining Lizarralde’s work, is how realistic or unrealistic some layouts are. For example, Penny’s apartment is across the hall from Leonard and Sheldon. However, the layout of the two apartments would create a really odd looking building, thus decreasing their real world plausibility. Conversely, there are layouts, like that of Carrie Bradshaw’s apartment or that of the home in The Simpsons, that are just as you would expect: plausible and highly desirable.
Lizaralde’s work is so meticulous, that it even includes the layout of the furniture that the characters would have in their homes. Like the extra compartment that Dexter Morgan has in his cupboard for all of his ‘tools’, or exactly where Ted hangs the blue French horn in How I Met Your Mother. They really are incredible works of art.
I have included some of my favourites TV Series Floor Plans below. However, I highly recommend looking at the rest of Lizarralde’s work.
[Sources: Deviant Art]
- Astro Bot Rescue Mission Review: Outstanding Virtual Reality Platformer - 12 October, 2018
- You Get Me Review: a thriller marred by cliched teenage melodrama - 11 October, 2018
- Microsoft’s #HowOldRobot Guesses the Age of Video Game Characters - 10 October, 2018
- Boet Fighter wants you to moer okes into submission, my bru! - 9 October, 2018
- Xbox Games with Gold October 2018: Food, Demons, Stunts and Money - 9 October, 2018
- Spider senses tingling? You might have won our Marvel’s Spider-Man [PS4] comp. - 8 October, 2018
- Overwatch headwear now available at Vamers Store - 4 October, 2018
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider Review: Lara’s Story Comes Full Circle - 26 September, 2018
- Comic Con Africa Interview with SA’s Official Lara Croft: Noelle Adams - 20 September, 2018
- The Sony PlayStation Classic channels the heyday of 3D gaming - 19 September, 2018