In July 2015, Taste Holdings announced that they had struck and signed an exclusive deal to bring Starbucks Coffee to South Africa. That time has finally arrived.
On Thursday the 21st of April 2016 at precisely 07:30 in the morning, the very first Starbucks Coffee store in South Africa will open its doors.
The inaugural South African store is located on the corner of Craddock and Tyrwhitt Avenue in Rosebank, directly opposite the open walkway of The Zone @ Rosebank. A second Starbucks Coffee store will open soon after at the Mall of Africa.
Much like Starbucks Coffee stores from around the world, the newly opened store is inspired by South African art and culture, which “creates a remarkably welcoming ‘third place’ experience that Starbucks customers know and love”.
As a long time fan of Starbucks Coffee [I am a Gold Member three times over], my excitement for this franchise launching locally is almost palpable. I wonder if they will make a Butter Beer frappe from the Starbucks Secret Menu? I guess I will find out soon enough.
- Win with Vamers: Sea of Thieves Be More Pirate Competition - 20 March, 2018
- Support Jengo the game on Fig and be a part of the adventure - 19 March, 2018
- State of Decay 2 Collector’s Edition comes with a literal Thumb Drive - 15 March, 2018
- Jurassic World Evolution stars Jeff Goldblum as Dr. Ian Malcolm - 15 March, 2018
- 25% PlayStation Plus Discount on 12 month membership [6 – 23 March 2018] - 13 March, 2018
- Darwin Project now available on Early Access & Game Preview - 12 March, 2018
- Comic Con Africa Tickets on sale from 9 March 2018 - 8 March, 2018
- Buy Pure Farming 2018 and help Support the Drought Relief Fund - 8 March, 2018
- God of War Limited Edition PlayStation 4 Pro is gloriously gaudy - 7 March, 2018
- Applications for Comic Con Africa Artist Alley (2018) are now open - 7 March, 2018