In July 2015, Taste Holdings announced that they had struck and signed an exclusive deal to bring Starbucks Coffee to South Africa. That time has finally arrived.
On Thursday the 21st of April 2016 at precisely 07:30 in the morning, the very first Starbucks Coffee store in South Africa will open its doors.
The inaugural South African store is located on the corner of Craddock and Tyrwhitt Avenue in Rosebank, directly opposite the open walkway of The Zone @ Rosebank. A second Starbucks Coffee store will open soon after at the Mall of Africa.
Much like Starbucks Coffee stores from around the world, the newly opened store is inspired by South African art and culture, which “creates a remarkably welcoming ‘third place’ experience that Starbucks customers know and love”.
As a long time fan of Starbucks Coffee [I am a Gold Member three times over], my excitement for this franchise launching locally is almost palpable. I wonder if they will make a Butter Beer frappe from the Starbucks Secret Menu? I guess I will find out soon enough.
- Win With Vamers: Tickets to Playtopia 2018 - 11 November, 2018
- Michelle Pfeiffer’s Catwoman Playlist – Music that will make you Purr - 22 October, 2018
- Astro Bot Rescue Mission Review: Outstanding Virtual Reality Platformer - 12 October, 2018
- You Get Me Review: a thriller marred by cliched teenage melodrama - 11 October, 2018
- Microsoft’s #HowOldRobot Guesses the Age of Video Game Characters - 10 October, 2018
- Boet Fighter wants you to moer okes into submission, my bru! - 9 October, 2018
- Xbox Games with Gold October 2018: Food, Demons, Stunts and Money - 9 October, 2018
- Spider senses tingling? You might have won our Marvel’s Spider-Man [PS4] comp. - 8 October, 2018
- Overwatch headwear now available at Vamers Store - 4 October, 2018
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider Review: Lara’s Story Comes Full Circle - 26 September, 2018