Over the last year, rumours of the next generation consoles from Sony and Microsoft have made gamers brim with excitement. Unfortunately, each gaming heavy weight has remained silent on the topic with the all too familiar response of “we do not comment on rumours and speculation”. Today, that changed.
Earlier this month, Sony’s Kaz Hirai gave news media this pearl of a quote in response to when the next PlayStation would be announced: “Why go first, when your competitors can look at your specifications and come up with something better?”
Despite Kaz’ earlier comment, it looks like Sony have decided to ‘jump the gun’.
An official invitation to “see the future of PlayStation” has gone live across the web with the PlayStation Twitter, Facebook and blog all issuing the same media information. All official news links refer to this website, which contains the teaser video that is embedded below and the following date: Wednesday 20th February 2013.
There we go folks. In 19 days time we will finally be given access to Sony’s plans for their next generation PlayStation.
[Sources: PlayStation Blog]
- You won’t believe what happens when you call Two Point Hospital! - 18 January, 2018
- Theme Hospital is being reborn as Two Point Hospital - 18 January, 2018
- Forza Horizon 3 Xbox One X patch is live: Native 4K, 30FPS, Enhanced Visuals - 17 January, 2018
- Happy Holidays from the Vamers Crew [Year in Review 2017] - 24 December, 2017
- Xbox One X: the best and most powerful Xbox yet [Review] - 11 December, 2017
- Logitech’s UE Wonderboom is a great summer party companion [Review] - 7 December, 2017
- Win a #VamersChristmas Xbox One Hamper (valued at R12 000) - 4 December, 2017
- Win a #VamersChristmas PlayStation 4 Hamper (valued at R8500) - 4 December, 2017
- Win 1 of 3 #VamersChristmas Nintendo Hampers (each valued at R2500) - 4 December, 2017
- Win R30 000 in prizes with #VamersChristmas 2017 - 4 December, 2017