Over the last year, rumours of the next generation consoles from Sony and Microsoft have made gamers brim with excitement. Unfortunately, each gaming heavy weight has remained silent on the topic with the all too familiar response of “we do not comment on rumours and speculation”. Today, that changed.
Earlier this month, Sony’s Kaz Hirai gave news media this pearl of a quote in response to when the next PlayStation would be announced: “Why go first, when your competitors can look at your specifications and come up with something better?”
Despite Kaz’ earlier comment, it looks like Sony have decided to ‘jump the gun’.
An official invitation to “see the future of PlayStation” has gone live across the web with the PlayStation Twitter, Facebook and blog all issuing the same media information. All official news links refer to this website, which contains the teaser video that is embedded below and the following date: Wednesday 20th February 2013.
There we go folks. In 19 days time we will finally be given access to Sony’s plans for their next generation PlayStation.
[Sources: PlayStation Blog]
- Astro Bot Rescue Mission Review: Outstanding Virtual Reality Platformer - 12 October, 2018
- You Get Me Review: a thriller marred by cliched teenage melodrama - 11 October, 2018
- Microsoft’s #HowOldRobot Guesses the Age of Video Game Characters - 10 October, 2018
- Boet Fighter wants you to moer okes into submission, my bru! - 9 October, 2018
- Xbox Games with Gold October 2018: Food, Demons, Stunts and Money - 9 October, 2018
- Spider senses tingling? You might have won our Marvel’s Spider-Man [PS4] comp. - 8 October, 2018
- Overwatch headwear now available at Vamers Store - 4 October, 2018
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider Review: Lara’s Story Comes Full Circle - 26 September, 2018
- Comic Con Africa Interview with SA’s Official Lara Croft: Noelle Adams - 20 September, 2018
- The Sony PlayStation Classic channels the heyday of 3D gaming - 19 September, 2018