Over the last year, rumours of the next generation consoles from Sony and Microsoft have made gamers brim with excitement. Unfortunately, each gaming heavy weight has remained silent on the topic with the all too familiar response of “we do not comment on rumours and speculation”. Today, that changed.
Earlier this month, Sony’s Kaz Hirai gave news media this pearl of a quote in response to when the next PlayStation would be announced: “Why go first, when your competitors can look at your specifications and come up with something better?”
Despite Kaz’ earlier comment, it looks like Sony have decided to ‘jump the gun’.
An official invitation to “see the future of PlayStation” has gone live across the web with the PlayStation Twitter, Facebook and blog all issuing the same media information. All official news links refer to this website, which contains the teaser video that is embedded below and the following date: Wednesday 20th February 2013.
There we go folks. In 19 days time we will finally be given access to Sony’s plans for their next generation PlayStation.
[Sources: PlayStation Blog]
- 8 Long Press Tips for Safari on iOS that will change the way you web surf - 11 July, 2018
- Hot Toys Anakin Skywalker Dark Side version is a Sith Lord masterpiece - 6 July, 2018
- Xbox Games with Gold July 2018: Cacti, Squares, Fighters & Splinter Cell - 5 July, 2018
- Jurassic World Evolution bites off more than it can chew [Review] - 25 June, 2018
- Halo Infinite teaser hints at what is to come for Master Chief - 11 June, 2018
- E3 2018 Press Conference Times and Where to Watch (South Africa) - 9 June, 2018
- Confirmed List of Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaurs – something for everyone - 7 June, 2018
- Frontier is giving away a gorgeous Jurassic World Xbox One X at E3 2018 - 7 June, 2018
- Big Bang Theory’s Kevin Sussmen confirmed for Comic-Con Africa 2018 - 7 June, 2018
- Rush Esports 2018: Venue, Event and Tournament Information - 2 June, 2018