IO Interactive and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment are teaming up to bring Hitman to retail! The companies have come together to bring Hitman Definitive Edition to light, which will include pretty much everything that makes the game so great.
The re-release of IO Interactive’s episodic Hitman series will feature every episode and location from the game’s first season. It will also feature all of the new content introduced in the digital-only Game of The Year Edition, which came out in 2017. As such it will have a new outfit bundle based on other iO properties; a bonus episode; and a few more extras.
Working with a partner like WBIE means that the team at IOI can stay focused on what we’re good at making games
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment is publishing the retail box, which is an interesting tidbit considering that the series started out as published by Square Enix. Square withdrew their investment in the series in 2017, although they did promise the independent developers that they would retain all rights to the Intellectual Property — a little showing of goodwill (always nice to see). We are not certain whether Warner Bros will release retail versions of future Hitman titles, or whether this is a once-off deal. We suppose only time will tell.
A full breakdown of the Hitman Definitive Edition is as follows:
- Anniversary Outfit Bundle – Three new outfits inspired by IOI games; Freedom Fighters, Kane & Lynch and Mini Ninjas
- Hitman Season One – Seven exotic locations from the first season, including Paris, Sapienza, Marrakesh, Bangkok, Colorado and Hokkaido, along with the ICA Facility
- Hitman Game of the Year Edition Content – Four missions from the Patient Zero Campaign, three themed Escalation Contracts that unlock three unique weapons, as well as the Clown Suit, Cowboy Suit and Raven Suit
- Hitman Bonus Episode – Featuring 3 Bonus Missions in Sapienza and Marrakesh
- Hitman: Blood Money Requiem Pack – Including the Requiem Suit, Pale Duck Explosive and ICA Chrome Pistol
- All Featured Contracts, Escalation Contracts, Challenge Packs and game updates from Hitman Season One and Hitman Game of the Year Edition
- Acer Predator Helios 300 Review – entry-level enthusiast bliss - 6 December, 2019
- 10 International series on Showmax to end 2019 with a bang - 5 December, 2019
- Sony Alpha 9 II now available in South Africa - 5 December, 2019
- Turtle Beach 2019 festive deals ensure there is a headset for everyone - 5 December, 2019
- Fan builds custom Lightsaber Controller for Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - 5 December, 2019
- Buy Xbox games using Vodacom airtime – Simple and easy! - 5 December, 2019
- Top 10 Pokemon cut from Sword & Shield we will miss dearly - 5 December, 2019
- PDP Gaming 2019 festive deals offer great value for money - 5 December, 2019
- Power Rangers Beast Morphers Beast-X Megazord Review - 2 December, 2019
- No Man’s Sky: Synthesis adds fan-requested changes - 29 November, 2019