Final Fantasy XV (2017) is the latest instalment in the Final Fantasy series. It has been available on console for some time. However, now fans on PC will finally be able to get in on the action! Square Enix has announced that Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition for PC will release on the same date as the console edition of the game, just a year later: 6 March 2018.
The not-entirely-remastered re-release will include a slew of new features not seen in the original console version of the game, as well as all season pass content. There will also be a new dungeon, more bosses, and a boat!
Here is a full list of confirmed additions for Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition:
- An all-new dungeon: An expanded version of Insomnia City Ruins
- New First-person mode
- More gear and outfits
- More bosses, including Rulers of Yore
- Armiger Unleashed: a more action-oriented mode of the Armiger is unlocked after collecting all 13 armiger weapons
- Royal Vessel: the boat from FFXV is now a controllable vehicle. The same body of water (between Cape Caem and Altissia) can now be freely explored
- All season pass content: Episode Gladiolus, Episode Prompto, Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades, and Episode Ignis
- Over a dozen pieces of DLC, including weapons, Regalia car skins, and item sets
Additional content coming to the Windows Edition includes native 4K resolution, upscaled 8K resolution, HDR10 support, Dolby Atmos support, and support for gameplay modifications.
The Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition can be bought as a standalone game, but players who own it on Xbox One or PlayStation 4 can upgrade to the Royal Edition for just $19.99 USD (~R400 ZAR). The game releases on 6 March 2018 for all platforms it supports, including Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Microsoft Windows.
- Frostpunk: Console Edition Review – Beautiful survival city builder - 10 October, 2019
- Ghost Recon Breakpoint Review – Fantastic Survivalist RPG - 4 October, 2019
- Nintendo Switch Lite Review – Crown Prince of Portable Gaming! - 3 October, 2019
- NBA 2K20 Review – Exudes potential, but misses the mark - 1 October, 2019
- Sony Alpha 7R IV Full Frame Mirrorless Camera Launched - 30 September, 2019
- FIFA 20 Review – Volta Football introduces a bright future - 27 September, 2019
- Catch the Republic of Gamers Invitational finals at Vodacom rAge 2019 - 26 September, 2019
- Play on Easy Mode? These games make fun of you if you do! - 26 September, 2019
- Five Batman Arkham settings the franchise should explore - 25 September, 2019
- Apple Arcade launch games! Here is everything you can play (so far) - 25 September, 2019