Yes, you read the heading correctly. Apple’s new “Pro” desktop model may not be the Mac Pro we are all waiting for, but it is certainly the company’s “most powerful iMac” yet. Hello iMac Pro!
Apple’s World Wide Developers Conference (WWDC 2017) wasted no time in introducing powerful new products to the company’s current offerings. With that said, the iMac Pro is a brand new, all-powerful, professional desktop experience… and it comes in a sleek space grey finish. Just #SUATMM!
Essentially, the iMac Pro packs workstation-class performance into the incredible form factor of the 5K iMac model that everyone already knows and loves. Even better, it features an exclusive space grey coating – only available in the iMac Pro line. The iMac Pro’s base unit will start with an 8-Core Intel Xeon processor that can be upgraded to have up to 18 cores. Yeah… 18 Cores of computing goodness. It also features new fans that Apple says are “dual centrifugal”. This allows for much more efficient and powerful airflow, which might come in handy given the totally crazy amount of configurable cores that the system can have!
Additionally, the iMac Pro also comes with up to 128 GB of ECC memory (RAM) and up to 4 TB of Solid State storage. It will also feature the same beautiful 5K display of the current 27-inch iMac. Powering the screen, however, is a much-stronger Radeon Pro Vega Graphics processing unit (GPU). The GPU features next-generation bandwidth computing that allowa up to 16 GB of dedicated, high-bandwidth memory (HBM2); 11 Teraflops of single-precision compute power; and amazing real-time 3D rendering capabilities. If need be, however, iMac Pro can deliver up to 22 Teraflops of performance! This is beyond incredible for an iMac.
It is also worth noting that the iMac Pro comes with two Thunderbolt 3 controllers, 802.11ac WiFi, and MacOS High Sierra’s next generation Machine Learning.
The iMac Pro will be available from December 2017 and will start at $4,999 USD.
- Apple TV+ South Africa: Yes, it’s coming! - 12 September, 2019
- Borderlands 3 Unlock – when can you play? - 12 September, 2019
- Greedfall Review: Surpassing Expectations - 10 September, 2019
- WRC 8 Review: Not the Kingslayer fans have been waiting for - 5 September, 2019
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Game of the Year Edition is finally here! - 4 September, 2019
- Acer Swift 5 is the “world’s lightest 14-inch notebook” - 4 September, 2019
- Acer’s Planet9 Esports platform wants to coach gamers into pros - 4 September, 2019
- Los Espookys Season 1 Review: Absurd Comedic Excellence - 2 September, 2019
- Final Fantasy VIII Remastered – Everything you need to know - 29 August, 2019
- MXGP 2019 Review – Dirt Bike King - 27 August, 2019