Square Enix has released a feature-filled trailer for their upcoming and highly anticipated roleplaying game, Final Fantasy XV.
The new Final Fantasy XV 101 trailer showcases everything players need to know about the Japanese roleplaying game and its world. It provides an in-depth overview of the story, confirmed characters, and settings. The trailer also shows off quite a bit of the gameplay mechanics and character progression systems. It even goes so far as to show off some of the included (and hopefully not mandatory) mini-games! It goes without saying that this is a video that will answer all of your Final Fantasy XV gameplay-related questions. What makes the video even better is the fact that there do not seem to be any story spoilers. Take a look for yourself, and see the upcoming game and all that it has to offer.
Final Fantasy XV has seen numerous delays in its long development cycle. It was first advertised and teased as Final Fantasy Versus XIII. The Versus moniker would have had the game take place in the same universe as Final Fantasy XIII. Then it was announced to be part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy series, but was further delayed due to issues in development. Thanks to the introductions of today’s current-generation consoles, Final Fantasy Versus XIII was eventually rebranded as Final Fantasy XV. The game changed directors and began as a new entry.
Personally, I could never get into the third generation of Final Fantasy titles. Since Final Fantasy VIII and IX released, I have longed for a good entry in the franchise. Final Fantasy XIII was a decent title with an intriguing narrative, but in the west it ultimately failed to reach the success it had received in Japan. The Final Fantasy XIII series ended up as a mess with each sequel trying harder to outdo the previous game. It ended up taking itself too seriously while introducing a magnitude of silly game mechanics that made no sense in the established lore.
Final Fantasy XV looks to be a fresh new take on the franchise. It looks a lot like what Final Fantasy VIII would have been, if it was to be released today. Personally, I could not be happier.
Final Fantasy XV releases on 29 November 2016 for both the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. It will be accompanied by a massive 10 GB day-one patch that aims to give the game its last bit of polish.
- Frostpunk: Console Edition Review – Beautiful survival city builder - 10 October, 2019
- Ghost Recon Breakpoint Review – Fantastic Survivalist RPG - 4 October, 2019
- Nintendo Switch Lite Review – Crown Prince of Portable Gaming! - 3 October, 2019
- NBA 2K20 Review – Exudes potential, but misses the mark - 1 October, 2019
- Sony Alpha 7R IV Full Frame Mirrorless Camera Launched - 30 September, 2019
- FIFA 20 Review – Volta Football introduces a bright future - 27 September, 2019
- Catch the Republic of Gamers Invitational finals at Vodacom rAge 2019 - 26 September, 2019
- Play on Easy Mode? These games make fun of you if you do! - 26 September, 2019
- Five Batman Arkham settings the franchise should explore - 25 September, 2019
- Apple Arcade launch games! Here is everything you can play (so far) - 25 September, 2019