When it comes to classic Japanese Anime theme songs, there really is not a lot that can trump the popularity of Dragon Ball Z and Saint Seiya. Hence, it is only a mild surprise that these two songs were picked by this The Voice Thailand contestant. What is a surprise, however, is how amazing his performances are of these popular anime theme songs!
The classic Cha-La Head-Cha-La was originally sung by Hironobu Kageyama, a Japanese pop sensation from the late 50s. With the introduction of Dragon Ball Xenoverse, fans both old and new were treated to a new version by Flow, and it really is quite good.
I reckon that the Flow version of the song is where this contestant from The Voice Thailand got his inspiration. In fact, the up-and-coming star did such an amazing job, that the judges asked him to stick around for two more songs! The other two songs came straight from Doraemon and Saint Seiya, and they too were covered in quite a stellar fashion.
The contestant’s name is Ditthawat Chaikaewruchikorn, and he is a 35-year-old anime lover and clearly born to be a famous singer. In fact, Chaikaewruchikorn did such an amazing job, that by the end of his audition all four of the coaches on The Voice Thailand buzzed and turned around. To those of you who are unfamiliar with the show, this is the highest prestige a contestant can get during the blind auditions phase. Ideally, all coaches who ended up hitting the buzzer before the end of the audition want the contestant on their teams going forward. In Chaikaewruchikorn’s case, it seemed that everyone was interested in having him as a part of their team.
I am still smiling from ear to ear thanks to Chaikaewruchikorn’s stellar performances on The Voice Thailand. His voice may not be as “crisp” as you would expect of someone that covers Flow’s rendition of Cha-La Head Cha-La, but it is a stage voice through and through. His entire performance, from his happy-go-lucky demeanour to his confidence in tackling two songs he did not end up practicing, is an amazing thing to see. I will definitely be keeping an eye out for Chaikaewruchikorn’s future musical performances, and you should too.
- Hot Toys Spider-Man (Scarlet Spider Suit) (VGM34) is a fan’s wet dream! - 14 June, 2019
- Elden Ring reveal – everything we know about the new FromSoftware title - 11 June, 2019
- Battletoads gameplay trailer promises classic beat ’em up fun - 10 June, 2019
- Spiritfarer trailer showcases beautifully drawn 2D adventure game - 10 June, 2019
- TV Shows like Game of Thrones – scratching that Westerosi itch - 10 June, 2019
- Thanks to Elon Musk, you can play Cuphead on a Tesla - 10 June, 2019
- The Savior’s Gang is the Jesus Video Game you always wanted - 10 June, 2019
- Ninja Theory presents Bleeding Edge, a new 4-v-4 multiplayer title - 10 June, 2019
- Diablo meets Minecraft in Minecraft Dungeons - 10 June, 2019
- Cyberpunk 2077 stars Keanu Reeves! Arrives 16 April 2020! - 10 June, 2019