Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon is a spectacle when it comes to modern gaming. With a heavy retro 80s theme, this First Person Shooter (FPS) is one of the few that I would recommend a thousand times over. It sports colourful, neon aesthetics and 80s action movie jargon. Moreover, Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon stars Michael Biehn as Sergeant Rex “Power” Colt, a super soldier with bionic enhancements.
The game pokes fun at both retro, and modern game mechanics. Rex even displays frustration with the quick little tutorial at the start of the game. For example Rex notes how obvious it is that “we” all know exactly how tutorials work; and he shows clear disdain for the dumb stealth mechanics (which proved to be super useful in my opinion).
First introduced as an April Fools joke, Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon was originally released shortly after in 2013 as an add-on for Far Cry 3 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. It is the eighth overall instalment in the Far Cry series.
The game is now available on the Xbox One Marketplace as a backwards compatible title for $15 USD (~R200 ZAR).
[Source: Twitter (Major Nelson)]
- Apple TV Steam Link now available; Play PC games on Apple devices! - 16 May, 2019
- Sniper Elite V2 Remastered Review – The Definitive Sniper Experience - 13 May, 2019
- Overwatch Havana map is now live, includes rum! - 9 May, 2019
- Cricket 19 Demo lets you build your ultimate team right now - 9 May, 2019
- 7 reasons why you should upgrade to Sniper Elite V2 Remastered - 9 May, 2019
- Mortal Kombat 11 Review – Gorgeous, Fun and Fresh - 7 May, 2019
- Razer Core X Chroma redefines the meaning of RGB in eGPU - 6 May, 2019
- Acer Predator Helios 700 and 300 set new bar for gaming laptops - 6 May, 2019
- 10 Zombie Games To Play (instead of Days Gone) - 25 April, 2019
- Days Gone Review – A cliched and phoned-in open-world zombie game - 25 April, 2019