Bend Studios, the developers behind Uncharted: The Golden Abyss on the PlayStation Vita, announced Days Gone, a brand new PlayStation 4 exclusive open world adventure, at E3 2016.
Set in a volcanic scarred high-desert of the Pacific Northwest in the United States of America, Days Gone will have the player take on the role of Deacon St. John, a drifter and bounty hunter who loves the open road as much as he loves his bike.
In a blog post accompanying the announcement, Bend Studios’ Creative Director, John Garvin, explains that the game will take place two years after a pandemic event that killed just about everything on the entire globe, and of those things that did not die, it changed into mindless, feral creatures called Freakers.
The demo onstage had two of these Freakers: the younger Newts, which are the fast and nimble hunters who prefer to attack from the shadows; and the Horde, which are made up of hundreds of individual Freakers that do everything as one.
Deacon will be able to use the skills that he has learned in his prior life as an outlaw biker, giving him a slight edge as he fights to stay alive in this open world. The world of Days Gone will be about desperation, hope, transformation, loss, madness, discovery, friendship, exploration, brotherhood, regret, and love. Days Gone will be about what makes us human.
The game is exclusive to the PlayStation 4, and does not yet have a release date.
- Get the Game of Thrones Starbucks cup in Skyrim, thanks to this mod - 21 May, 2019
- Detective Pikachu takes place in the Anime Universe - 21 May, 2019
- PUBG Mobile Gameplay Management system encourage outside play - 21 May, 2019
- Wick’s Bounty is John Wick in Fortnite! - 21 May, 2019
- HP’s new Omen X 2S lets you watch and game at the same time - 16 May, 2019
- Omen by HP and HP Pavilion updated with state-of-the-art specs - 16 May, 2019
- Apple TV Steam Link now available; Play PC games on Apple devices! - 16 May, 2019
- Sniper Elite V2 Remastered Review – The Definitive Sniper Experience - 13 May, 2019
- Overwatch Havana map is now live, includes rum! - 9 May, 2019
- Cricket 19 Demo lets you build your ultimate team right now - 9 May, 2019