Bend Studios, the developers behind Uncharted: The Golden Abyss on the PlayStation Vita, announced Days Gone, a brand new PlayStation 4 exclusive open world adventure, at E3 2016.
Set in a volcanic scarred high-desert of the Pacific Northwest in the United States of America, Days Gone will have the player take on the role of Deacon St. John, a drifter and bounty hunter who loves the open road as much as he loves his bike.
In a blog post accompanying the announcement, Bend Studios’ Creative Director, John Garvin, explains that the game will take place two years after a pandemic event that killed just about everything on the entire globe, and of those things that did not die, it changed into mindless, feral creatures called Freakers.
The demo onstage had two of these Freakers: the younger Newts, which are the fast and nimble hunters who prefer to attack from the shadows; and the Horde, which are made up of hundreds of individual Freakers that do everything as one.
Deacon will be able to use the skills that he has learned in his prior life as an outlaw biker, giving him a slight edge as he fights to stay alive in this open world. The world of Days Gone will be about desperation, hope, transformation, loss, madness, discovery, friendship, exploration, brotherhood, regret, and love. Days Gone will be about what makes us human.
The game is exclusive to the PlayStation 4, and does not yet have a release date.
- Acer Predator Helios 300 Review – entry-level enthusiast bliss - 6 December, 2019
- 10 International series on Showmax to end 2019 with a bang - 5 December, 2019
- Sony Alpha 9 II now available in South Africa - 5 December, 2019
- Turtle Beach 2019 festive deals ensure there is a headset for everyone - 5 December, 2019
- Fan builds custom Lightsaber Controller for Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - 5 December, 2019
- Buy Xbox games using Vodacom airtime – Simple and easy! - 5 December, 2019
- Top 10 Pokemon cut from Sword & Shield we will miss dearly - 5 December, 2019
- PDP Gaming 2019 festive deals offer great value for money - 5 December, 2019
- Power Rangers Beast Morphers Beast-X Megazord Review - 2 December, 2019
- No Man’s Sky: Synthesis adds fan-requested changes - 29 November, 2019