‘Project Treasure’ is the codename for a brand new four-player co-operative title exclusively for the Wii U, and was teased during January’s Nintendo Direct online presentation.
Nintendo Direct is a monthly digital conference that usually comes with the promise of new and upcoming titles. The January 2015 instalment, however, featured a surprise in the form of famous Tekken director Katsuhiro Harada, who is now attached to a Free-to-Play title exclusive to the Wii U.
“We have started a new project” said Harada, “It’s an action game where four players work together to complete varied stages. The basic aim is to clear traps, route enemies and seize treasures”. He went on to explain that the game would be available as a free download from the Nintendo eShop and will be free to play as long as the console is connected to the Internet.
‘Project Treasure’ does not have an official release date or name. It was simply teased… in a typical Nintendo fashion.
- Ultimate Ears Boom 3 and Megaboom 3 Review – Portable Speaker Kings - 16 October, 2019
- Frostpunk: Console Edition Review – Beautiful survival city builder - 10 October, 2019
- Ghost Recon Breakpoint Review – Fantastic Survivalist RPG - 4 October, 2019
- Nintendo Switch Lite Review – Crown Prince of Portable Gaming! - 3 October, 2019
- NBA 2K20 Review – Exudes potential, but misses the mark - 1 October, 2019
- Sony Alpha 7R IV Full Frame Mirrorless Camera Launched - 30 September, 2019
- FIFA 20 Review – Volta Football introduces a bright future - 27 September, 2019
- Catch the Republic of Gamers Invitational finals at Vodacom rAge 2019 - 26 September, 2019
- Play on Easy Mode? These games make fun of you if you do! - 26 September, 2019
- Five Batman Arkham settings the franchise should explore - 25 September, 2019