CD Projekt Red announced in an open letter to fans that the next title in the Witcher series has been delayed from its expected third/fourth quarter 2014 release to February 2015.
In an open letter on the CD Projekt Red blog, the Polish video game publisher and developer informed fans of the Witcher franchise that they would have to wait a little bit longer than originally anticipated for the third and final title.
The studio said that they could have released The Witcher 3 as it was originally planned, but carried on to explain that in delaying the title, they would allow the game to achieve a level of quality that would set it apart from other RPGs; a genre that the first Witcher met with critical acclaim.
The studio promises to deliver a product that would be worth the wait and successfully meet the expectations that Witcher fans have for the studio, unlike Ubisoft’s Watch Dogs “visual downgrade”. The letter even goes so far as to address the studio’s shareholders, which reads:
“Dear shareholders–we are aware of the responsibility that rests with us and thank you for the trust you have granted us thus far. We firmly believe that quality–more than any other factor–determines a game’s success, and that the decision we have made is thus equally valid in business terms”.
The open letter proves that not only are CD Projekt Red thinking about delivering a beautifully crafted product, but that they are mindful of their business whilst ensuring fans keep their torches burning for the title.
The Witcher 3 follows the longstanding hero and witcher Geralt of Rivia as he searches for the dark, deadly force known as the Wild Hunt; after having finally pieced together his lost memories that he sought after in the previous titles.
The Witcher 3 will be released on Xbox One, PS4, and PC only and is now expected in February 2015.
[Source: CD Projekt Red]
- The Hunt Borderlands 3 trailer puts FL4K “The BeastMaster” to work - 20 August, 2019
- Sony’s Fall 2019 DualShock 4 controllers evoke geeky nostalgia - 20 August, 2019
- A “sound improvement plan” is next on the PUBG roadmap - 17 August, 2019
- Final Fantasy VIII Remaster tweet revives classic FF8 meme - 17 August, 2019
- New Razer Viper ambidextrous gaming mouse offers “absolute control” - 17 August, 2019
- LEGO Hidden Side adds gamification and AR to traditional block building - 16 August, 2019
- Comic Con Africa 2019 to host Business of Gaming Forum 2019 - 15 August, 2019
- Amara “The Siren” brings astral plane fighting to Borderlands 3 - 13 August, 2019
- The BFFs trailer introduces Moze, the new Borderlands 3 Gunner - 13 August, 2019
- Gears 5 ‘My Body is Ready’ achievement is a glorious nod to Reggie Fils-Aime - 13 August, 2019