CD Projekt Red announced in an open letter to fans that the next title in the Witcher series has been delayed from its expected third/fourth quarter 2014 release to February 2015.
In an open letter on the CD Projekt Red blog, the Polish video game publisher and developer informed fans of the Witcher franchise that they would have to wait a little bit longer than originally anticipated for the third and final title.
The studio said that they could have released The Witcher 3 as it was originally planned, but carried on to explain that in delaying the title, they would allow the game to achieve a level of quality that would set it apart from other RPGs; a genre that the first Witcher met with critical acclaim.
The studio promises to deliver a product that would be worth the wait and successfully meet the expectations that Witcher fans have for the studio, unlike Ubisoft’s Watch Dogs “visual downgrade”. The letter even goes so far as to address the studio’s shareholders, which reads:
“Dear shareholders–we are aware of the responsibility that rests with us and thank you for the trust you have granted us thus far. We firmly believe that quality–more than any other factor–determines a game’s success, and that the decision we have made is thus equally valid in business terms”.
The open letter proves that not only are CD Projekt Red thinking about delivering a beautifully crafted product, but that they are mindful of their business whilst ensuring fans keep their torches burning for the title.
The Witcher 3 follows the longstanding hero and witcher Geralt of Rivia as he searches for the dark, deadly force known as the Wild Hunt; after having finally pieced together his lost memories that he sought after in the previous titles.
The Witcher 3 will be released on Xbox One, PS4, and PC only and is now expected in February 2015.
[Source: CD Projekt Red]
- Acer Predator Helios 300 Review – entry-level enthusiast bliss - 6 December, 2019
- 10 International series on Showmax to end 2019 with a bang - 5 December, 2019
- Sony Alpha 9 II now available in South Africa - 5 December, 2019
- Turtle Beach 2019 festive deals ensure there is a headset for everyone - 5 December, 2019
- Fan builds custom Lightsaber Controller for Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - 5 December, 2019
- Buy Xbox games using Vodacom airtime – Simple and easy! - 5 December, 2019
- Top 10 Pokemon cut from Sword & Shield we will miss dearly - 5 December, 2019
- PDP Gaming 2019 festive deals offer great value for money - 5 December, 2019
- Power Rangers Beast Morphers Beast-X Megazord Review - 2 December, 2019
- No Man’s Sky: Synthesis adds fan-requested changes - 29 November, 2019