Following from the high of the delicious Orange Marmalade Croissant Pudding comes another dessert croissant inspired by two of my favourite end-of-meal confections, the decadence of French Crème Brûlée and the delightful Swiss textures of Lindt chocolate.
The Butterscotch Lindt Croissant was influenced by my inner Frenchmen who adores cinnamon and sugar encrusted Pain Perdu (also known as French toast). As a result this dish is very easy to prepare and can be whipped up on a whim.
Each divine morsel of the Butterscotch Lindt Croissant is filled with the subtle and arousing hints of Butterscotch liqueur. This helps to bring fourth the warmth of cinnamon, soft velour touches of vanilla and the sweet, smooth, saliva inducing cocoa notes of swiss chocolate. The result is a decadent dessert that tastes simply of “more” whilst subtly awakening the senses.
The Butterscotch Lindt Croissant is made in a similar way to French toast. However, the playfully airy texture of the croissant pastry fuses perfectly with the butterscotch batter to form a drool worthy Crème Brûlée like inner filling. Flavourgasms will abound, resulting in multiple servings.
Although the Butterscotch Lindt Croissant seems like an after meal accoutrement, it can be enjoyed at any time of the day and makes for a filling, if somewhat sweet and decadent, early morning breakfast meal. The dessert is best served with an extra helping of Lindt, some maple syrup and a dollop of freshly beaten cream.
The Butterscotch Lindt Croissant is an easy to prepare dish that will bring a swift smile to the faces of those you love. The dish should take around 15 minutes or less to make (hit the green button below for the list of ingredients and the recipe).
I hope you enjoyed this tasty post and that you will visit again next week for another culinary adventure from our Croissant Chronicles.
What you need: How to make it:
What you need:
How to make it:
- Win with Vamers: Death Stranding Steelbook - 27 November, 2019
- Overwatch Legendary Edition Nintendo Switch Review – Nerf This! - 18 November, 2019
- Win with Vamers: Pokémon Sword and Shield Hamper - 15 November, 2019
- Pokémon Cosmic Eclipse Elite Trainer Box Review – Colourful Addition - 11 November, 2019
- Win With Vamers: Tickets to Playtopia MGA 2019 - 8 November, 2019
- AirPods Pro South Africa – Launching 25 Nov, pre-orders open - 7 November, 2019
- Win with Vamers: Fortnite Battle Royale Collection Figurines - 6 November, 2019
- His Dark Materials is a binge worthy adaptation of the books - 5 November, 2019
- Bethesda doesn’t register Fallout First domain, angry fan snaps it up - 24 October, 2019
- Medievil Review – Sir Daniel Fortesque is back with a vengeance - 23 October, 2019