Dessert is often regarded as the ‘coup de grâce’ of any meal experience. It allows for an already satisfying meal to be capped off with a decadent tongue raising flourish. It is also the one part of the meal experience that is enjoyed no matter how much is served and consumed during the main course. Hence why a croissant pudding sounds so delicious!
The Orange Marmalade Croissant Pudding is bore from my family’s culinary curiosity and ever present sweet-toothed cravings. It is easy to prepare and can, thankfully, be baked on a whim. Coincidentally, the Orange Marmalade Croissant Pudding is also perfectly suited to the festive season because it contains all of the spices that are directly associated with traditional Christmas dishes.
Each bite of the Orange Marmalade Croissant Pudding bursts with house warming aromas and palate tingling flavours; all of which are provided by spicy cinnamon, velvety vanilla, hints of nutmeg and the sweet, yet subtle, undercurrent of the wonderful orange marmalade. The result is a divinely festive citrus infused spice blend that is heaven to smell and sinfully good to eat.
Although made like a traditional bread pudding, the Orange Marmalade Croissant Pudding has a much lighter and more pleasant texture because of the pastry roots of the croissant. As a result, seconds or even third helpings of this delicious dessert can be had without complaint.
The Orange Marmalade Croissant Pudding is a satisfying dessert for any occasion and is best served with a tot of your favourite port. The dessert is also versatile enough to be served either fresh from the oven with ice-cream or directly from the fridge with a warm maple syrup and cream glaze.
The Orange Marmalade Croissant Pudding is a festive filled dish that can be enjoyed at any time of the year. It is a dish that arouses fond and delicious festive memories all whilst being fairly easy to prepare – should take around 40 minutes or less to make (hit the green button below for the list of ingredients and the recipe).
I hope you enjoyed this tasty post and that you will visit again next week for another culinary adventure from our Croissant Chronicles.
What you need: How to make it:
What you need:
How to make it:
- Win with Vamers: Death Stranding Steelbook - 27 November, 2019
- Overwatch Legendary Edition Nintendo Switch Review – Nerf This! - 18 November, 2019
- Win with Vamers: Pokémon Sword and Shield Hamper - 15 November, 2019
- Pokémon Cosmic Eclipse Elite Trainer Box Review – Colourful Addition - 11 November, 2019
- Win With Vamers: Tickets to Playtopia MGA 2019 - 8 November, 2019
- AirPods Pro South Africa – Launching 25 Nov, pre-orders open - 7 November, 2019
- Win with Vamers: Fortnite Battle Royale Collection Figurines - 6 November, 2019
- His Dark Materials is a binge worthy adaptation of the books - 5 November, 2019
- Bethesda doesn’t register Fallout First domain, angry fan snaps it up - 24 October, 2019
- Medievil Review – Sir Daniel Fortesque is back with a vengeance - 23 October, 2019