Crash is back yet again! Activision Blizzard announced that a high-definition (HD) remaster of Crash Team Racing is heading our way! The game will be called Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled and will include everything fans remember from the original game and more.
Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled is being developed by Beenox, a Canadian-based development studio known for their work on Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions and Call of duty: Modern Warfare Remastered. The team at Activision states that Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled is a proper remaster, and that it has been built from the ground up. While the claim is a large one, I would believe every word of it, considering the recent excellent Crash Bandicoot reboot.
The game will bring back beloved characters such as Coco, Dr Neo Cortex, and more. Of course, it also features Crash Bandicoot himself as Crash and friends take on the villain of the game: Nitros Oxide.
Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled will feature brand-new animation and personality. Thomas Wilson, co-studio head at Beenox, states that the team is revamping the original game in celebration of its 20th anniversary. The studio wants to give the game the remaster that it deserves, with game modes such as Adventure, Arcade Single Race and Cup Race, and even Time Trials and Battle mode. Beenox also states that there will be both single-player, and versus modes that players can take part in online, or offline.
In addition to a Crash-Team Racing Nitro-Fueled trailer, Activision also announced that the game will be available in a special Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled – Nitros Oxide Edition. This special edition will include the “villainous Nitros Oxide” as a playable character from day one in all game modes. It will also include a copy of the game, along with the Digital Deluxe Edition that includes Nitros Oxide’s Hovercraft kart, space-themed character skins for Crash, Coco, and Cortex; as well as a suite of other cosmetic items. Activision notes that players who do not purchase any of the special editions can still earn both Nitros Oxide and the Oxide Hovercraft by completing various in-game Adventure Mode challenges.
The Nitros Oxide Edition can be pre-ordered for $60 USD, while the base game can be had for just $40 USD. The game is set to release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch on 21 June 2019. A Microsoft Windows release has not been announced yet.
- Opera for Android VPN lets users browse privately and securely for free - 20 March, 2019
- Logitech G935 Review – Sexy sound in an overly bulky design - 19 March, 2019
- Turtle Beach Recon 70 is a new, improved and affordable headset - 19 March, 2019
- New budget Razer peripherals aim to change the game - 19 March, 2019
- Epic Games Store Roadmap reveals cloud saves, achievements, and more - 19 March, 2019
- Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 Review in Progress - 15 March, 2019
- It is good to be bad with Hearthstone Rise of Shadows - 14 March, 2019
- Boomerang Africa HD brings crystal-clear shows to kids all over Africa - 13 March, 2019
- Sony’s excellent water and dust proof SRS-XB speakers now available - 13 March, 2019
- Battle for Azeroth update: New Allied Races, earn tools of the trade & more - 12 March, 2019